This House Is Not A Home

/ / Hey guys! Yep, Loki kinda lost his marbles for a moment there! But hey, could you blame him? Anyways here we are; Asgard; the Realm Eternal. I've been reading alot of other FF's and using their depictions as well as what I remember from the movie plus my own creativity, I hope I do it justice! To quote Samuel L. Jackson in Jurassic Park, "Hold on to your butts!" / /

Note: This chapter's POVs will change slightly since Raven will not be in Ch 13.

Regular: Frigga

Bold: Loki

Italic: Loki's dream...

With a blink of the eye, we're back. Asgard; The Realm Eternal; home to the gods. A world, that no matter how long I've been a part of, still seems to amaze me. I look around and my eyes are met with familiar sights. The Bi-Frost room gleaming gold all around. In the center stands Heimdall, the gate keeper and all-seer of Asgard. He stands as stone-still as a statue with his sword, the key to the Bi-Frost, gripped firmly in his hand. His tall figure is covered with heavy gold armor that could intimidate even the most cunning of warriors. His large gold helmet atop his head adds to his intimidating feel as it probably adds a foot of height to him. Lastly, his red and yellow eyes, not your typical Asgardian set, as they can see all that goes on across the Nine Realms. There are very few places across the universe, that his gaze is blind to. I look to Thor who is noticeably happy to have me back home. My smile beams ear to ear as I cannot wait to tell the Allfather of my news as well as to find out what has gone on in my absence.

I look up to Heimdall with out-stretched arms, "Heimdall; mighty all-seer; I must say in honesty that I've missed even you,"

He looks down at me with only his eyes and a sly smile draws across his mouth, "I have missed you too young prince..." he bellows in the deepest of voices. I smile and turn to walk to our horses, "..missed not having to keep an ever watchful eye on you lest you play your tricks on our fellow citizens,"

I turn and shoot him a squinted look, but my newly found humanity sates my urge to bark at his comment, as is my custom, "Oh aren't you most hilarious. Perhaps we should start calling you Heimdall the jester," I reply with a smirk and a laugh.

He pauses a moment before responding, "Hmph! Good to see your safe return Loki," he relents.

"Thank you," I reply as we leave the room.

I look down at the Bi-Frost. It is just as marvelous as ever basking in the glow of mid-day's light. The waves of color pulsing through it like blood through veins; interrupted only by the irregular block pattern. I climb atop my horse, as does Thor and we begin the long trip back to the palace.

"So what do you suppose father has to discuss with me that he couldn't tell you?" I ask Thor as we gallop across the Bi-Frost.

"I haven't the slightest idea brother. He said it as more of an after thought, but he did seem distracted by the notion. However I couldn't pick up on much of anything else," he replies in just as a confused state as me.

"Do you think it has to do with the Jotun attack?"

"Perhaps. There's no way of knowing with him, his face can be as unreadable as the ancient scrolls sometimes," he says with a chuckle.

I smile agreeing, "Yes, I suppose you're right brother,"

We make our way through the bustling streets of the Asgardian marketplace. There is much energy and life here as people are going about their daily routines. Everyone from the cooks selling their finest delicacies, to the blacksmiths bringing their mightiest swords and armor to the light of day, as well as the tailors showing off the latest in Asgardian fashion to the people. As we pass through, I notice a few citizens here and there look up at me; some with warm eyes, and others with apprehensive eyes. Honestly, I cannot blame the nay-sayers, I have played my fair share of pranks and tricks on my fellow Asgardians; some not so harmless.