Chapter Twenty-Five - Cap and Gown and Practically Kissing

"It's really your last day working here?" Natalie sighs. I smile sadly at her. I never thought this day will come when I finish working at Tina's cafe.

I groan, "Stop reminding me."

Natalie laughs to herself she leans on the counter behind her and tucks a piece of her dyed her behind her, "So how was prom?"

"Ugh, it was the worst. Long story short, Josh came to pick me up he ended up having a flat tire, waited for thirty minutes and off to prom we were. Me, being nice, saw Evan outside and went to join him, 'Kiss me' he says and I do. Josh sees he gets pissed and goes outside to smoke his lungs out again. We fight he says 'Your mine' I fight back since I'm not his anymore and he goes inside. While I'm dancing with Luke he kisses Nicole in front of my eyes. I get Val to take me home, she does. And I go upstairs and eat strawberry ice-cream while crying because I will never have the perfect love life," I exhale that was a lot of talking, I put on a fake smile, "How was your evening?"

"Woah Tori I'm so sorry I—wow," she says trying to take in all the information.

"Hey, I'm fine really," Natalie raises her brown eyebrows at me, "Okay I'm not fine."

"Come here," Natalie says giving me a hug. I hug her back grateful I have a friend like her.

"Now come on, we've got work to do."

* * * * *

"Tori are you okay?" Luke asks.

I nod my head, "yeah I'm fine, Josh is in the past. I want nothing to do with him."

"Is Kate coming?" I ask, trying to lift up the mood. Luke's blue eyes light up as I ask the question about his girl he grins and nods excitedly.

"Yep she's coming with my parents."

We are both in our red and white cap and gown, waiting on Valerie who hasn't came yet. Moms coming later with Luke's parents and then we are all going back to his house to have a party.

"How's the seating arrangement done?" I ask.

"Well, it's in last name alphabetical order." I frown and Luke's face softens. He knows.

"Hey Luke, Tori," a recognisable voice says.

I hug Valerie and she hugs me back. "Thank you for last night."

She smiles. "No problem, I'll do anything for my best friend," she grins.

"Em, actually Tori is my best friend," Luke interrupts and I roll my eyes.

"Who took her home last night?" Valerie pauses. "Oh yeah, this little girl."

"Who's been with her practically all her life?" Luke pauses as well. "Oh yeah, me."

"Okay!" I interrupt, "You both are my best friend."

Valerie and Luke glare at each other as we walk into the school auditorium where they are holding the graduation ceremony. Some students have already sat in their seats and some are talking and hugging. Everyone seems happy except of the broken man smoking at the back of the school. I ignore him shaking my head.

"Don't even dare do what I think you're going to do," Luke says, shaking his index finger in my face.

"I'm not gonna, don't worry," I say taking my seat beside a girl called Ciara Davison I smile at her awkwardly taking my seat dusting my gown. I feel a body beside me and I know who it is.