Chapter Twenty-Six - Red Roses and Move On

I advise you to listen to these songs while reading this chapter.
- Say something by A Great Big World.
- photograph by Ed Sheeran.
- Leave your lover by Sam Smith
P.S listen to say something at the end of the chapter.
Enjoy! And happy reading. eee!
*
*
*
I look at a photograph of her and I smash it on the floor. I pace up and down my room, rubbing my hand through my hair and cursing continuously.

Her.

That's all I can think about. God, I'm so foolish. I let her go and now it's too late to get her back. I grab my box of cigarettes on my night stand and take out the last one, I pick up the black lighter and go to my backyard. I put the cigarette between my teeth and bring the fire to the tip of the cigarette and breathe in the smoke and exhaling it out.

So freaking stupid that's what I am. The back door leading to my backyard opens and I see my mom standing there I grumble underneath my breath and continue to stress smoke.

"Please don't hurt yourself because of a girl," my mum pleads. I drop the cigarette, stomping on it and grit my teeth, I ball my fists that I swear my knuckles are turning white. My lips press into a thin line and I narrow my eyes at my "mother."

"Here's the thing mom, she's not just a girl or a fling, okay? I freaking love her and the day when she walked away from me it was like my heart was ripped out of my chest. And I was so damn stupid I didn't even chase her. Now, for you to say she's just a girl is possibly the worst thing you've done to me. She's a special girl, who causes me to feel all sorts of things: love, sadness, loneliness and excitement. I could name more, but we'll be here for a long time," I rant and my breathing is unstable.

"She's leaving today right?" She asks, I nod, "then why the hell are you here? Instead of being at the airport and kissing her like she is your world."

"It's going to hurt to see her leave," I mumble, looking down at the green healthy grass.

"Isn't that one of the emotions Tori makes you feel? Longing, you my son, are longing for her," my mum says wrapping her arms around her rosy robe.

"God, I know that mom, I know," I say frustratedly. My phone rings and I see an unknown number, I squint my eyes at the screen trying to recognise the number. I press the accept button.

"Why the hell are you not here?!" Luke yells into the receiver. I take the phone away from my ear slightly and put it back again.

"I'm coming give me. . .an hour," I say running into the house. My mom smirks at me and I roll my eyes.

"Okay just hurry the hell up." And the line is dead.

* * * * *

"The red roses please?" I ask, pointing to the beautiful red roses. "They're her favourite," I whisper.

"We've sold about twenty this afternoon alone," The old man chuckles, reaching for the roses behind him, he puts them on the desk and I fish out my wallet from my pocket and give him the $5.00.

"Oh! And can I have the chocolates too? The white chocolate, it's also her favourite," I ask, pointing to the chocolates, holding on to the roses like its my dear life.

"This girl must be special," the man laughs, grabbing the white chocolates and gives them to me, I smile gratefully at him and give him $7.50.