Chapter Six - Cotton Candies and Old Lady Stories

Chapter Six

Tori's POV

I start steering the wheel making the car bump into some little kids. "Hey, watch it." The little girl screams at us. "Little girl it called bumper cars for a reason." Josh shouts back. I swat his chest with my free hand, since I'm only driving with one.

"Ahh!" We both scream as the car bump into a mom and her son.

"Use two hands Tori - two hands!" Josh exclaims as a bump into the wall.

"You sound like my driving instructor." I roll my eyes trying to reverse.

Our car slows down and the music fades and finally it comes to a stop.

"Thank you for riding with us, see you all next time." The man says into the microphone.

* * * * * *

"You are the worst driver ever." Josh says as we wait in line to get cotton candy.

"That's what makes it more fun, Josh" I say laughing a bit.

"Yeah, yeah." He says as we move up in the line.

"So are you enjoying your time here?" Josh asks a bit of hope in his eyes.

"Yeah your not a really bad guy." I mumble.

"Tell me something i don't know, V." He says and cocky Josh is back. Hoorah!

"V?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusing.

"Yeah 'V' as in Victoria." He says as we reach the top of the line.

"Ohh."

"Can I have two cotton candies please." I ask the lady at the till. "Josh you can wait by the merry-go-round, I'll bring these over to you."

"Okay." He agrees and walks away to stand at the merry-go-round.

"You two an item?" The lady calls over from where she making the cotton candy.

"Eh no." I kind of shout back feeling awkward.

"Oh, that's a pity you two would be a great couple, you both have brownish hair, he's way taller than you..."

Does this lady ever shut up?

"And you know height difference is everything, it's like my husband and I we hated each other and now we are married with three beautiful children called Amber, Lorraine and Jacob."

At this point the people behind me are starting to leave.

"That was a nice, inspiring story Mrs. But I need to get back to my co-worker bye." I say grabbing the cotton candies of the lady before paying her and running over to meet Josh.

* * * * *

"So she told you her life story?" Josh asks as we are in the Ferris wheel.

"Yeah she told me his she has three children with the guy she hated in high school." I sigh as i look at the breathtaking view.

"And she thinks that's going to happen between us?" Josh asks as we reach the top of the circle.

"Yeah."