Chapter Two

The campus was buzzing as I walked to my locker. I hid my bandaged hand and hitched my bag higher. After my trip to my locker, I went to find Clara. The girl stood on the stairs, watching the morning routine. We've watched every year as the girls got more restless and bold and the boys routine never changed.

"How'd I know to find you here?" I stood next to her, watching how many girls get their hearts broken. The stupid fools.

She looked at me. "I heard about your hand. Word got around pretty quick."

I sighed. "Some idiot thought it'd be funny to put a razor blade on my desk while completely trashing said desk. The stupidity of people."

She chuckled. "Maybe it was a jealous fangirl. You know how they get."

I frowned as the boys entered the building. "For all I know, it could be one of the girls in my class trying to sabotage me."

My eyes locked on Levi as he stared at me. Turning away, I looked at Clara.

"Going to class?" She asked holding out a share size bag of orchard Skittles.

I took the bag from her. "You know me so well."

She grinned and slung her arm around my shoulders, following me to class. We took up occupancy at our desk and I placed the bag of candy in my bag for later. I never ate candy before eleven, an odd habit of mine.

My first two periods rolled by smoothly with no distractions. Walking through the empty library, I wished that Clara had a free period as well. I wandered around the library until I found a comfortable spot amongst the shelves.

"Looking for something?"

I looked over my shoulder. Scott leaned against the shelf behind me, arms crossed. Looking away, I looked at the art history books again. "Can I help you with something?"

"You could, but I think Levi would be highly upset if he saw me with you." He smirked and moved closer, trapping me against the bookshelf. "Now that I think about it, it'd be fun making him angry."

Why would Levi be mad if Scott was talking to me albeit yesterday's incident was still fresh in my mind. I held up the book in my hands as he leaned in. "I'd appreciate if you'd keep your distance."

He looked down at my hands and picked up my bandaged hand. "Everyone thought it was a rumor. Why would anyone want to harm you?"

I looked up at him. "I have many enemies. It's nothing new."

"You? Have enemies?" He laughed and let go of my hand. "You're the golden girl of the campus. Everyone loves you."

I placed the book on the shelf and glanced at him. "Golden girl of the campus? Where'd you hear that at?"

"You wouldn't believe me even if I told you." He smiled "What are you looking for?"

"A book. Something you've probably never used." Scanning the shelves above me, I spotted the book I needed. It didn't help that I was short and the shelf was probably a head above mine.

A warm chest pressed against my back and a hand grabbed the book I was reaching for. Scott moved back and placed the book in my hands.

"Thank you." I said

He slipped his hands into his pockets. "You can thank me another way."