Chapter Fourteen

Rae," my dad called from downstairs

Checking my reflection in the mirror once more, I grabbed my purse and left my room. Dressed in a cozy grey sweater over a white collared shirt paired with a pleated navy skirt over sheer tights and a pair of black ankle boots, I felt casual yet sophisticated. My makeup only consisted of mascara, eyeliner and peppermint lip balm. Clara and Andrea had experimented with the new hair straightener Clara bought last night so my hair was still straight.

Walking into the foyer, I saw my father talking to Levi. I hoped he didn't embarrass me in front of Levi. Just make a quick getaway, Rae. I grabbed my jacket then kissed my dads cheek.

"I'll be back later. Don't wait up for me." I said slipping my jacket on. "Bye dad."

"Be safe, hon."

I smiled then left with Levi, suspicious. In his car, I turned to Levi as he pulled away from the curb. "Alright, why's my dad so mellow with you?"

Levi cleared his throat. "He may or may not have overheard me talking to you about our date yesterday."

I remembered talking to Levi on the phone and his hasty hang up. My lips formed an 'O' as I put two and two together. My dad can be really scary and intimidating when he wanted to be. Something I got from him.

"Which means my father knows as well."

Tucking a lock of hair behind my ear, I looked at him. "I guess this means the entire world knows we're dating. Especially, after the stunt you pulled yesterday."

"I wanted them to know you were mine. I don't like how so many guys ask you out on dates." He was jealous. Green didn't suit him at all. It amused me nevertheless.

I bit back a smile. "What if I do accept one of those poor boys? What would you do?"

"Don't tempt me, sweetheart."

I laughed and looked out the window.

When we arrived at the planetarium, I wasn't surprised to see that it was busy. It was one of the nicest places to go.

Levi and I entered after he purchased tickets to attend the show later. He held my hand, fingers interlocked with each other. He was exceptionally sweet. Why he didn't have a girlfriend all these years was a mystery to me. He had the manners of a prince, looks of a model, and a personality that kept one intrigued.

Spotting a Milky Way Galaxy sign, I perked up and dragged Levi towards it, ignoring his protests. Standing in the middle of a virtual Milky Way Galaxy, I turned to Levi. He smiled and I returned to exploring the room.

"Oh my gosh, it's Rae."

I looked up and saw two girls from school. Both wore shocked expressions. I gave them a small smile as a hand touched my back. The girls looked ready to pass out at the sight of Levi. Looking at Levi, I laughed to myself.

"Ready for the show?" He asked

I nodded and allowed him to lead me away from our schoolmates. After presenting our tickets to the man tending the door, we found decent seats in the middle row of the circular room. Glancing around the room, I couldn't help but notice that a few of the people here were couples.

Levi placed his hand in mine and gave a squeeze. I glanced at him and offered a smile as the show started.

Lunch was bought from a new restaurant that specialized in ribs. Levi and I shared an appetizer of onion rings as we waited on our food, laughing at something he said. Sipping my drink, I tried to calm down.