part 1

Dean was on a road trip. Somewhere. He didn't really know where exactly he was. The endless road in the flat landscape was heading west. Long cornfields or just grassland past by, looking all the same. Sometimes, he could see a farm in the distance, but he never stopped. Driving steady in his Chevy Impala, listening to old tapes. He didn't need much, to be on the road was enough. Sleeping in the car or under the stars when there was no Motel around.

This was Deans Routine for a while, till something broke it. Or better: someone.

It was around noon, the hot summer sun shone ungracious down and made the air flicker.

Suddenly he appeared in the dust. The shape of a dark-haired man, with a huge backpack hanging from one shoulder, Standing at the roadside in the middle of nowhere in dirty Jeans and a Plaid Shirt.

The Impala slowed down and stopped next to the man. Dean opened the window and leaned out.

"Hey man, do you need a ride?" he asked, blinking at the, surprisingly good-looking, stranger. The air outside was hot and dry. Like an oven. Or hell.

The man smiled, his blue eyes sparkled in the light. "Yes. That would be very Kind. Thank you." he replied in a deep Husky voice, opening the door to the passenger seat and dropping his bag in the back row.

"I'm Dean, by the way." Dean introduced himself, Holding his Hand up.

"Cas. Nice to meet you" the man replied, grabbing his Hand. Cas handshake was strong and firm, like Deans, like a real man one.

When Cas was belted, Dean started the Car again.

"So where're you going?" Dean asked.

Cas shrugged. "I don't really have a plan." Dean took a closer look at this man. He didn't shave for a few days and his clothes where dusty, like he hadn't see another human being for a while.

"But... don't you have a Designation? " Dean asked surprised.

"Not really. When i went off i just thought about leaving. Not where i was going. So i'm a bit aimless at the Moment."

"Okay. So you're one of these backpackers?" Dean dug deeper. He sensed a greater Story behind it.

"Guess so." It seemed Cas didn't want to get deeper on it. "And what are you doing on the road?" he asked back.

"Planed to visit my younger brother in University." Dean looked at the street but could feel Cas watching him.

"And where should i drop you? The next City is a few days away. You drifted quit a lot from the main hiking way."

"The next City will do. Thanks again." Cas said but Dean waved aside. "No Problem man, it's nice to have some Company for a while."

Dean turned the Music back on and with some good classic rock songs they hit the road.

(An: Sorry for any grammar mistakes. part 2 is on his way soon.)