part 12

Sam waited outside of the dorms to welcome his brother. When he saw the Impala appearing behind a curve, he started waving and grinning. He couldn't help it, he was so excited to see him again. Dean stopped a few feet away and got out.

The Brothers were bear hugging before they could Exchange even a "hello"

"It's so good to see you" Sam said. He clutched his arms around him and pulled him tight. Dean was his only Family and his best friend. He was always happy to see him, even when it was for just a few days or some couple hours. It was worth it.

"I'm happy to, man" Dean mumbled  back. A small wave of regret came over him. He should have visit him earlier. Called more often. But now he was here. They broke apart.

"Damn, did you grow again? How tall are you by now?" Dean joked and laughed.

Sam grinned and eyeballed his brother too. And his smile fell and instead his brow frowned. Dean was skinny. Or skinnier. And pale. There were dark marks under his eyes and he had sunken cheeks. Like a balloon with no air inside. Empty. Dean looked empty.

"You look like crap" Sam said. The Brothers may had a lot of problems, but being honest about each other was non of it. Dean knew Sam would not lie and say something like oh you look so healthy and good today when he absolutely wasn't

"Thanks" Dean snorted. He drove the hole night and didn't slept much so yeah he probably looked shitty. And he had no idea about the last time he showered. Maybe it was time that Sam kicked his ass.

"When was the last time you ate?" he asked.

Dean thought about that. When was the last time he ate something? He couldn't remember, but he also didn't want Sam to worry about him. Nobody had to.

"I ate a Cookie at the last gas Station"

"I mean Food. Not Cookies, or treats or Snacks. Proper Food" Sam responded, starting to seriously worrying about Dean.

"Then let get some Food. Is this Chinese restaurant still open? The one with the amazing egg rolls?"

5 minutes later Sam and Dean sat in the small restaurant eating Gong bao, Mapo Doufu and egg rolls.

"To you want to tell me how you doing?" Sam asked, knowing his brother didn't like that question.

"I'm fine" Dean responded, looking at his Food rather than at Sam. But Sam focused on Dean.

"No you're not" He said softly.

"How is University going?" Dean changed the subject abruptly, still not looking at Sam.

"Good so far" the younger Winchester got into it "That Girl, Jess, i told you about. We're Dating." Sam's face lighten up, his eyes sparkling when he said her Name. He grinned stupidly at his brother, who smiled back.

"Congrats" Dean gave him a high-five "never thought you would notice someone else than books"

"Shut up" Sam responded but laughed.

Sam told him more about Jess, how he asked her out, how cute she was, how smart and pretty.  And the hole time Dean at to think about Cas. How cute he was. How smart and brave. How pure and adorable. About he would never see him again.

Dean looked up, stopping the daydreaming when he noticed that Sam stopped talking and was eyeballing him again.

"Dean, talk to me. I'm your brother, i'm here for you. I told you about Jess, tell me about that Tramper"

Dean let his cheeks blop and opened his mouth.