part 6

For the night they stopped on an empty parking lot. And again they laid down in the car. The Impala started to become a home for Cas. Not exactly home but a well-known place. And so was Dean. They became friends over the last few days. Cas never had a friend like this before. Of course he had friends, who he invited to dinner Partys or helped with their garden or colleagues at work... but a real friend with whom he could speak about Feelings and stuff? No. Not before Dean. And that was so strange because they just met and ..... but on the other Hand it didn't feel strange at all....

Cas brow frowned. He tried to figure out what was going on. Was Dean is friend now? And what would happened next? They were a day ride away from the next City. From there on he was supposed to leave the car and make his way on his own again. But Cas didn't want to travel alone anymore. But could he stay? He didn't want to bother Dean.... These thoughts flew around Cas mind while laying in the back row, staring at the roof of the car.

Dean was still awake too. He thought about how Cas became a regular constant in his life. Like he was here since ever. He liked Cas, he was... interesting. He remembered how it was traveling alone. When he was alone he didn't miss anything. He was on his own and nobody complaining or arguing with him. But it was also lonely. Nobody to speak with, nobody to sing along with the Radio or to share his thoughts with. And now there was Cas.

"Hey Cas." Dean said suddenly. "Yes?" came the answer.

"I thought about... " you stay with me , Dean wanted to say but somehow the words didn't want to come over his lips. A part of Dean was desperate to say these words, to ask him to travel with him longer....., you don't even know if he wants to, you don't know him...  another part told him.

"Yes?"

"Nevermind. we will be in town tomorrow, i think." Dean cursed inwardly.

"Uhm, okay..... Fuck" Cas jumped slightly as a ringtone went on. Bustling, he fumbled for his phone. It must have gotten on on his own again.

"Is... is this Taylor Swift?" Dean said stunned, but also amused.

"She is a talented Young woman" Cas found his phone and turned it out. 

"I can imagen you singing along to Blank space or love Story " Dean had to gasp between the words, so strong he was shaking of laughter.

"Shut up"  Cas threw his bag, which he used as a pillow, over the back at Dean, not really angry. Who just Keep giggling in his cute, deep voice. He needed some seconds before he could stop laughing. Cas tried to find a comforting pose and sleep but it was hard without his pillow.

"Dean" Cas said quietly, to ashamed to raise his voice "Can i  have my bag back?" he was 100% sure that he blushed, luckily the other man couldn't see him.

Dean burst into laughter and it didn't Sound like he was stopping soon.

"Oh shut up" Cas mumbled. But he got his bag back.

----

The smell of fresh coffee woke Dean up. He sniffled, letting the smell climbing up his nose and waking his brain up. Dean opened his eyes and looked up at a smiling Cas, who stood in front him, his blue eyes were sparkling in the sun. Two Cups in his Hand and a bag with breakfast under his arm.

Dean took the coffee.  "Thanks" he said with a smile. I could get used to get breakfast like this, he thought, taking a sip.

"You remembered how i drink my coffee?" he asked surprised.

Cas shrugged "I'm just an considerate guy. Here" he handed Dean a Sandwich over "you didn't eat much yesterday" Cas didn't make much of it but Dean was astonished.

The last Person who cared about him was his brother, but since Sam was in University there was nobody who looked after him. Who told him to eat, to rest or just asked him how he's doing. There were days Dean forgot to eat proper Food, not just Snacks from a gas station or to take a rest before he could collapse because of the lack of sleep. Dean would never confess that he needed a companion, somebody who looked over him, like a Guardian angel.

But he realized that he felt better with a Person by his side who forced him to have a daily Routine. It was good for him. Cas was good for him.

They drove along. Dean found even a Radio Station with Taylor Swift Songs. He chuffed Cas about it, but the backpacker could laugh with him and together they sang You belong with me  very loud and sometimes very wrong but in the best mood.