part 2

They drove for hours without a break. Both busy with their own thoughts. The sun declined slowly. Turning from bright midday yellow to a dark orange in the evening.

Because there was no motel near the road, they had to sleep in the car. Dean in the front row, Cas in the back.

They didn't talk much. They didn't know each other after all. But it didn't fell completely awkward or displeasing. Both were alone for quite a long time and they had to acclimatize to Company.

But as both man laid in their improvised beds it was kind of awkward, knowing that the other one was still awake.

"So, uhm. Dean?" Cas tried starting a conversation. He stared at the ceiling, for he couldn't see the other man. 

"Yeah?" Dean replied. 

"Uhm, so where you come from?" Cas asked in a low voice, nearly whispering.

"You mean where i was born? Or the last city i left?" Dean sounded actually confused.

"your last home, i guess."Cas said a little uncertainly.

"i don't really have one..." Dean responded.

"Oh. sorry" Cas didn't know how to reply to that. He came from a shit home, but to have none?

"Don't be. What about you? From where did you left?" Dean asked back.

"A place i'm not longer welcomed." Cas sighed. He didn't really want to speak about it. Especially not with a stranger.

"Why? What happened?" Dean asked after a few seconds of silence.

"Family happened" Cas said quite harsh. 

"Sorry, don't mean to be barsh" Dean apologized.

"It's okay. It's just...." Cas took a deep breath "I don't want to think about it." 

"It's okay. I can understand." Dean responded. He really could. Not wanting to speak about stuff. They where strangers, they just met so why open up to someone you don't know? They knew nothing about each other. He could be a psycho or a serial killer after all he knew yet. Even when he felt that Cas was okay.

"Thanks." Cas sighed again. His brow frowned. This guy was all right. For one second he thought about to open up, to tell Dean the hole story about what happened... Maybe it would better to actually talk about it....

"'night, Cas" he heard Dean yawn. Chance missed.

"Good night, Dean" he whispered into the dark.

(AN: look at this. here is  part 2, faster than i thought. yay. More soon)