part 7

They arrived on the outskirts in the dark. A Motel shone weakly towards them. While Dean parked the car, Cas looked for the Counter.

"They had just one room left, if it's okay for you." Cas informed Dean when he was back with their small luggage.

"No it's fine." Dean said. They slept in one car with just a back between them since days anyway.

They found the room and stopped awkwardly at the door, looking at he double bed.

"right or left side?" Dean asked to conquer the silence.

"left." Cas decided and dropped his stuff on the bed. It was nothing special but for Cas who slept in cars or outside for days this bed was the softest and most comfortable he ever had the pleasure to sleep in.

And there was another plus in Motels. The bathroom. Cas stood nearly an hour under the hot stream of the shower, enjoying the warmth on his Skin and feeling clean again after a very long time.

After Dean showered they slipped under the bed sheets in the dark.

Cas slept at once. He was so tired and the bed was so soft.

In contrast to Dean. He was tired too but something held him awake. Was it the uncertainty of the next day? Or was it the double Espresso he drank earlier this evening. Cas warned him to drink Caffeine so late. Dean looked down at the sleeping man next to him. he was used by now to his steady, soft breath . But he never watched him before. (because that would be very awkward)  Cas looked peaceful. No sorrows, no distress bothered him now. He looked liked an angel. Dean smiled at him, not understanding while he felt so happy right now.

the moonlight sparkled on Cas face. For a second Dean wanted to touch Cas forehead and sweep his hair back, but frowned and stopped before he did it. Cas took a deep breath and Dean worried that he woke Cas up, but he just turned around in sleep, closer to Dean.

Dean frowned for a second, not moving, till he saw Cas smiling in his sleep.

Dean chuckled inwardly. This guy, he thought. He cuddled into his Sheets right next to the tramper, who was face to face with him now. Dean realized how Close Cas actually was. He could see his few hidden freckles and his Long eyelashes. Deans eyes wandered from Cas curved brows to the smooth and clean-shaved cheeks to his soft,straight lips. Dean stared at Cas mouth, wondering how his lips may taste like, how it would be like to embrace and cuddle with him. How it would be like seeing Cas smiling because of him. How, to touch him, kiss him every time he would feel like it....

And with this thoughts he slipped into a world of dreams.

They woke up close to each other. Very Close. Somehow Deans arm was wrapped around Cas waist, whos head rested on Deans chest. Arms and legs were intertwined and there was literally no space between them.

The morning sun shone threw the window on Cas face. He tried to closed his eyes more intense and go back to sleep in this warm, comfy Position but the light woke him up already. He groaned quietly and moved his head, what woke the man next to him up.

Dean winced shortly, blinked a few times and then yawned. For a second he just laid there, waking up. But then he was remind that his arm was wrapped around Cas and that his leg was laying on his one. Quickly, he drew back and rolled to the side in one movement. He was not 100% sure if the other man was awake yet. Dean sat up at the side of the bed, not knowing that Cas watched him shuffling threw his sexy morning hair. He finally stood up to go the bathroom.

Cas still laid in the bed, were only a warm spot reminded him of the other man. His strong arms.... his warm Body.... and the unbelievable good smell. Cas didn't want to stand up, waiting until the feeling between his legs was less intense.

Dean came back to the room. "Morning" he greeted him "did you sleep well?"

"Yes. Like an angel. And you?" Cas asked back, still a little dozy.

"same" Dean grinned at him. "Ready for our last stop?" he said. Dean tried to Sound cheery, but inwardly he was fighting an inner conflict.

"Totally" Cas responded. He forced himself to smile back. Fake smiling was better than a true sad face he thought by himself. but eyes don't lie. The smile couldn't reach his eyes and disappeared the second Dean looked away from him to pack his bag.

They didn't speak about the last night. Not about the hugging, the nearness or their Feelings for each other, which developed in the last few days.

Instead, they packed their stuff, said good-by to the small Motel room and went back to the Impala on the road.