Chapter 7- an 'item'

"So..." Zoe began. She was hinting at Joe to explain something.
"So?"
"So... Are you guys... Ya know..." We did.
Alfie, Zoe, and now Caspar were all staring at Joe and I.
It had been 2 days since the towel-dropping incident, and the 5 of us were sat in Starbucks.
"Are you guys together or not?!" Caspar inquired.
"Ooh... Subtle, well done guys!" Joe congratulated them sarcastically.
I looked at him and he looked back.
It was my turn to speak now.
"We haven't really... Talked about.... that. Yet."
We were avoiding Zoella, thatcherjoe and pointless blog fans in the early afternoon and the warm weather encouraged us to stop for a drink. Caspar was sitting on the arm of an armchair drinking something unspeakably colourful, Zoe and Alfie on a sofa drinking cokes, and Joe and I sharing an armchair, me on his lap, sipping the same cup of coffee. He had his arms wrapped around my waist and occasionally kissed my neck.
"Look at you!" Zoe cried, "You look as though you've been together forever! It's adorable!"
Caspar and Alfie shared an annoyed glance- they found it awkward and gross, I could tell.
Zoe was right, though. We felt as though we'd been together for months, although we'd only met 5 days ago. It was all going so fast- I'd never been in such a quick yet close relationship. If we even were.
Whether or not Joe and I were an 'item' was just about the only thing I'd thought about for the last 4 days.
"Guys?" Zoe really wanted to know.
"Yes," said Joe, staring at me intensely, "yes we are."