Chapter 25- tag, you're it

"Ah!" Sighed Joe, "home at last!"
"We're not really home, babe!" I corrected.
"Near enough."
We were in our hotel room, after just getting back from WHSmiths, and we'd been there for 6 hours, greeting people and giving our signatures and smiling so much our mouths ached.
Although there had been snacks in the room at the back, Casper and Alfie had eaten most of them: I didn't really get an opportunity.
"I'm so hungry!" I moaned to Joe, who was sat on the couch.
"Eat something, then!"
"No, I fancy bananas." I said. Joe laughed and stood up.
"Fine! Fine! I'll go out to the high street and buy you bananas," I grinned when he said this- I'd won, "if you come with me!"

-----------------------

10 minutes later, and we were walking along the high street, hand in hand, finding a grocery store open at this time of night.
"Tag!" Shouted a boy who ran past, he obviously didn't realise I wasn't one of his friends, but I didn't mind.
"Tag!" I shouted to Joe, then ran so he couldn't get me.
But I wasn't looking where I was running.
I should've been.
I was in the road.
There was a car.
A flash of headlights.
I could hear myself scream.
I couldn't move.
My head hit the floor.
I could hear ringing.
My leg was surrounded by red liquid.
My whole body gelt heavy.
Pain.
Voices.
Sounds.
Blurs.
Joe.
And then darkness. Lots and lots of darkness.

A/N
Hi guys!
Ooh, drama! I know it was a short chapter, but I wanted something interesting to happen! Don't worry- SPOILER!!- Violet doesn't die! Thanks for reading, please leave comments and stuff, bye!
R xx