Chapter 10- "i'm glad you've joined me."

"Your parents? How come you never mentioned them before?"
This was it. I'd told him. The bombshell.

My parents were hardworking, kind, self-confident people...
Who hated each other.
Years ago, dad worked at Cambridge University as an Archaeological Professor and Doctor of PreHistoric Science. He was a history teacher, basically. He was amazing, and I mean amazing! Well, he had to be- you didn't teach at Cambridge if you weren't. The job went really well until about 6 weeks in, when the Head of Something-or-other came to our house, asking for him. It turned out Dad had been having an affair, and not only that, but it was with a student called Yvonne. She moved away and Dad was fired- well, at least we knew that they couldn't keep seeing each other. Mum and Dad agreed to try and make their relationship work, even seeing counsellors and taking advice from experienced couples. They didn't separate or anything, but their touch-and-go 'relationship' was still the main worry in my life.
"It's... Complicated." I said, not exactly revealing the whole picture.
"Oh, come on, Vi! What isn't complicated?" He won me over every time.
I told him everything.
"...I've never told anyone that, or how I feel about it."
"Then... Why tell me?"
A short pause.
"Because I'm falling in love with you. And I know it's ridiculous, and inconvenient, and messy, and I know that it's not ideal or something that I'll find easy, but I am hopelessly in love with you. And there's no use stopping it, I can't. There's no use getting over it, I can't. I am falling crazy in love with you, Joe Sugg."
"Good." He kissed me. "Because I've been at that stage forever. And I'm glad you've joined me."

A/N
Please leave loads of comments and feedback- it really helps improve the story!!! Also, like and be friends with me on Facebook: Rosieposie8902 (And the same on Instagram!)
R xx