Chapter 21- Oriental Suite

"Whoa!" Joe and I said in unison, entering our hotel room for the first time.
It was some hotel that I'd only ever heard of when dad's posh friends were over. They would say stuff like, "The prices are excellent! Although the Florentines and hors-d'oeuvres could have been slightly more plentiful during the cocktail hour, there are amazing views and the waitresses are truly splendid!"
I always thought his friends were just stuck-up, rich pr*cks, well they were, but they did know what they were talking about.
The hotel was called The Mandarin Oriental and was beautiful, but extremely expensive.
Our luxury room (more like the size of a house than a room, but, as I said, it was luxury!) was called the 'oriental suite' and had one bedroom with a King-sized bed, a huge bathroom, gorgeous living area, dining table and small-but-cute kitchen. And an incredible view of Central Park.
"You guys?" Called Casper, from the bedroom.
"Yeah?" I called back.
"Oh..." I muttered, remembering how Casper needed his own room and there was only one King-sized.
"Ya' know what? You kids take this one. I'll get myself a room." Said Casper, and Joe bro-hugged him to show him 'respect' or something.
As Casper left, Joe walked over to me. I was stood at the huge window that was on one side of the room, and wrapped his arms around me from behind.
"What d'you think, babe?" He whispered in my ear.
I smiled. I couldn't help it. 

When I was younger, my friends would always ask each other, 'what's the happiest moment of your life?'And I would always say, 'when I was 6, and it was Christmas. I had presents, no one was shouting, and we were watching a movie, dad on one side of me, mum on the other.' And then meeting Joe replaced that. And then kissing Joe replaced that. And then sex, and our anniversary, then moving in: they all replaced the others. And now this.

"Joe," I said, quietly, "it's... Amazing."
"Yeah!" He laughed.
*Brrrring! Brrrrrring! Brrrrrrrrrring!* Joe pulled away and picked up the phone.

"Yeah? Oh, Zoe! Hey! What? What should you what? You what? Zoe, I don't care! What? No, I don't care! Red dress? What? What? Oh, forget it!" He turned to me and signalled for me to come over and take the phone. "Talk to Violet. I don't know what you're on about, maybe she does."
I took the phone from him and waved at the shower, mouthing,
You go. I'll be in in a sec,
and watched him go in the bathroom. It turned out, I didn't care any more than Joe did.
"Zoe! Hey! What? Well, wear the white dress, then. Sure. The navy ones. Yeah, with the clutch, Mm. Yeah, that will look... yeah. Yeah! It'll look great, promise. Yeah. Yeah. Okay, bye. Bye, Zoe." I could hear Joe turning on the shower, "Zoe. Zoe. Zoe! I got to go. Okay. Bye! What? I'm going in the shower. Okay. Bye, bye!"
I put the phone down and walked to the bathroom door, turning the doorknob, and opened it.
And I went in the shower with Joe.