Chapter 13- anniversary presents

Once we got back, Joe went into the bedroom and I went into my bag. I pulled out the Nikon camera (wrapped in its' wrapping paper and packaging) and held it behind my back.
When he returned, Joe was holding a small white box with a gift card attached that said, "To Violet,
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I love them both,
I love you too. xx"
He gestured for me to open it, and I did the same with his camcorder.
I opened the box and my eyes watered- a Pandora charm bracelet, with 7 charms: a purple butterfly, a charm saying 'live, laugh, love,' a silver heart with a purple gem in the centre, a key and padlock, a silver charm with what looked like branches on it with purple gems, a silver one saying 'I love you,' and a round one with a V on it.
"Joe..." I could feel the tears building up in my throat. It was so gorgeous, and so... Amazing.
"Oh my god, Vi!" He began, unwrapping his camera, "oh my God! Is this-"
"Yep." I said, cutting in.
He didn't even unwrap the rest, he just dropped it on the sofa and walked over to me, placing his hand on my hip and running his other into my hair, and kissed me, amazingly.

----------------------------

I woke up the next morning, my head on Joe's shoulder, feeling the heaving of his chest and his hands in my hair.
"Morning babe," he said, "sleep well?"
I smiled, meaning yes.
I was so tired from last nights' you-know-what with Joe that I went straight back to sleep.