Chapter 40

Together

*April's P.O.V*

I stabbed a walker on the head and start laying it on the ground.

"Um, I'll help you," Enid spoke up as she sat down beside me and start smothering walker gut into my fake poncho.

I just ignored her as I splatter some walker blood into the poncho "I'm coming with you," she said and I shook my head.

"No way. You'll just be a burden to me, plus I'm much quicker when I'm alone," I scoffed and Enid pursed her lips while stopping what she was doing.

Once I was finished I slipped on the poncho and turned to Glenn, "I'm going in," I stated and he nodded.

"Good luck," he said and I smiled .

"You too," I replied.

-

Moans were surrounding me as I walk pass the walkers, when I see a small clear path my heart start pacing faster.

Should I make a run for it?

It would be faster to make it to Blake,

But if I get caught I will never make it to him.

Shaking my head at the thought, I squeezed my crossbow tighter and clenched my knife just in case.

I shut my eyes tight and reopened them, then I start dashing off.

Walkers spotted me but I was quick. I saw a large bush that could cover me and immediately jumped inside there

The groans passed by and I used the back way. I walked slowly and opened the door to a random house.

I look around and smirked when I realized the weapons room is here.

"Ughh," I heard a voice groan making me flinched. I walked to where the sound came from and raised my crossbow.

Right as I was about to open the door, it flung open by itself and my eyes widened at the sight of the person upon me.

"Blake!" I exclaimed, pulling him into a tight hug.

"April?" He questioned wrapping his arms around me.

"Oh my gosh I'm so glad that you survived," I breathed out, "Wait, you're not bit right?"

Blake shook his head and I smiled, we pulled back just to kiss making my knees weak. I pressed myself against him making him groan before I realize what's happening out there.

"Fuck!" I hissed, pulling away and ran to the window.  I look outside to see a small group of people walking in the midst of walkers. I couldn't make out who those people are and just closed the curtains.

I sat down on the floor beside Blake and start inspecting him. He chuckled when I raised his left arm and I just rolled my eyes.

"Come on, I'm just worried," I sighed and he smiled, pulling me into his lap.

"Trust me when I said I'm okay," he mumbled pressing our lips together.

"Alright," I sighed, giving in and let Blake roam my body.

-

"Do you think we can use the guns and shoot all those walkers?" I asked, grabbing a pistol and checked for the bullets.

"Maybe. But it will attract the walkers into us, and we're completely outnumbered. Like hundreds against two? Nope," Blake answered as he zipped his pants. I just frown and start looking at all the guns.

"Well, there must be somethimg. We're the only ones with tons of weapons," I said, plopping down on the floor.

"And zero amount of food," Blake stated when my stomach growled. I blushed and bit my lip, patting my crossbow and look at the window.

It was already nighttime and to be honest nights are the worst. You couldn't see a thing and its just pitch black with those thing roaming the street.

Just then our back door burst open and in reflex I took my crossbow and aim it at the door separating from the living room to the weapons room.

A familiar red headed figure appeared and I heaved out a sigh, "Oh my gosh you surprised me," I said and Levi just grinned at me. She pulled me into a hug and I return the favor.

"So, what's with the sudden appearance?" I asked while she rummaged through the weapons.

"I have a feeling. That shit's about to get down," she muttered and another figure walked inside the room. I think his name was Marvin? Mavey? Oh wait its Martin.

Just then there was a loud high pitch scream. It sounded familiar but I couldn't place it.

"Well, there goes the shit," Levi muttered and I spare a glance at Blake to see that he was talking with the Martin guy.

A gun shot was heard making my heart fell. Oh god, what if someone got shot?

I could only hope that the bullet was used for a walker.

We grabbed as many weapons as we could hold and prepared ourselves before I kicked the front door and raised my crossbow.

I shot the nearest walkers and start to run toward the gun shot.

Then I saw Rick slashing walkers like he had gone mad. I spotted Ella and a few others before we joined in their circle.

We just keep killing and killing, my hand started to became limp and it was ready to fall off but I couldn't guess what will happen if I let go of the knife on my hand.

We had used our guns but the walkers were too many. It was already morning and I really wanted for this to end.

"April," Blake called out from my right when he saw how weak I had gotten.

"I can't," I mumbled and he shook his head while we still kept fighting the walkers.

"Yes you can," he said but his words weren't processing in my head. Just as I was about to drop my knife, flame appeared.

They came from the lake and I was more than glad to see Daryl standing on a truck.

Rick yelled something but I was now determined on getting rid of these walkers.

And with that, we fight together and beat the walkers.