Chapter 13: Concealed Past

2 years ago...

Len's POV

"Rin?" I looked for you at the rooftop. As usual, you were there, sitting and watching the world go on. I sat beside you.

"The lights look so beautiful at night." You commented and you were looking down at the street full of headlights. I just nodded. You suddenly turned your attention to me.

"Hey, I want to ask you." I spoke.

"What?" A sigh escape from my mouth. You put some strands of your blonde hair behind your ear. I felt my blood rushing to my face.

"Remember what you said that we'll always be 'partners-in-crime', right?" You raised a brow then chuckled.

"That promise we made when we were children? Of course." You replied to my question. I stayed silent.

"No matter what?"

"Mhmm!" You smiled.

"T-Then..." I stuttered. "If I told you I love you, how will you respond?" Your eyes widen. You suddenly kept quiet.

You just laughed it off.

"Hahaha! I would be surprising because your my best friend Len!" I swung my head down in disappointment. You stopped laughing.

"Are we really just friends?" I muttered. You looked at me with sad eyes.

"Len..." I held back my tears. I felt anger in my chest.

"Len, I-"

"Just forget it, Rin." I was angry at myself. I stood up.

"Forget about me."

Those were my last words to you that day.

A week passed. I avoided you because of what happened. I just couldn't accept it. Whenever we crossed paths, your eyes were always telling me that you were sorry. But I could never accept it.

Up to one day....

I was on top the roof again. I caught you walking by the street. I didn't mind until I saw you limping. I leaned to take a closer look at you. Then suddenly, you collapsed. I was takes aback then quickly made my way down.

"Rin!" I shouted and kneeled in front of your body. Blood trickled down your forehead. I didn't waste any more time and carried you in my arms and ran to the nearest hospital.

"Ms. Kagamine was struck with a baseball bat on her forehead. The force was strong enough to make her unconscious." The doctor continued. "And... There is a possibility that she may have an amnesia."

The words of the doctor shocked me.

If she forgot me.....

If she forgot how much of a jerk I was...

I was in her room. You finally woke up. Bandages were wrapped around your head. You adjusted your eyes to the light then saw me. I gave you a smile of relief and hugged you.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again!" I said and released you from the hug. Your face.... I didn't like your reaction that time.

"Um..." You looked at me clueless. "Who are you?"

My eyes widen. A pang of pain hit my heart. I concealed my pain with a lie.

"I'm your brother." I smiled and entwined my fingers in hers.

"Brother...?"

I lied and posed myself as your twin. I was quite happy that you forgot everything that happened in the past.
Until now...

My feelings for you were just too strong. I thought having a relationship with another girl would get rid of these feelings but it just got worse. I can't hold it in any longer.

"Rin, I'm sorry but..." I was hesitant. The words won't spill out but I forced it. "I am not your brother." Her eyes watered up.

"How could you!?" She yelled at me. I bit my lip, trying to stop my tears from falling out.

"Rin, I-"

"Why would you lie to me!? To Miku!? To everyone else!?" She clenched her small fists. All I felt was guilt.

"I always looked up to you as my brother! And now you tell me that we aren't related all this time!? Why did you hide the truth from me!?" I hated myself...

"I'm sorry okay! I was looking for the right time!" I reasoned. Rin clicked her tongue.

"Right time my ass..." Rin muttered and stomped out off the room. I looked down. Tears streamed down on my cheeks. I felt guilt, regret, anger, disappointment all at the same time.

"Care to explain?" I looked up to see my ex-girlfriend and my best friend with angered faces. I sighed and explain everything from the beginning.

"...that's how this happened." I said. They stayed quiet. I looked down again. Kaito suddenly cupped my cheek with his hand and stared at me. I can feel Miku fangirling internally, just like the annoying fujoshi she is. After our little eye to eye, Kaito flicked my forehead.

"Ow!" I yelped.

"You're more stupid than I thought." He said with a straight face. I got annoyed.

"That's kinda harsh!"

"You should go and confess to her now." Kaito said. I sighed.

"She'll just get more angry...." I muttered. "You saw how she reacted a while ago. Surely, she won't accept it." Kaito clicked his tongue.

"You're a coward. You'll just repeat the same mistake again." He said and turned his back at me. "You'll regret it."

Those were the last things he said before he left. Miku ran after him, leaving me solitary. I pondered on what Kaito said.

"...you'll repeat the same mistake again."

I realized what I must do and looked for Rin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! New chappie! I needed a break from Kaito and Miku and went with the twins, Rin and Len, who were never really twins! Hahaha xD

Don't forget to vote, comment, fan and share! ^w^)/

~Fea-senpai :3