Chapter 5- Swimming With Drama

|| Iver’s POV ||

“She doesn’t even have a bathing suit that fits her, Louis.” Niall jumped in, making me calm down.

“Mate, this is a five star hotel and it’s on the top level,” Louis said, walking over to a wardrobe and opened it, revealing bathing suits for both guys and girls. “Sizes extra, extra small to extra, extra large.”

My mouth gaped open and I got up and looked at the bathing suits. They were plain white and black. There seriously were all sizes. I pulled out a large bottom and a large top and Niall walked over to me.

“You don’t have to do this. Just say you’re on your period or something.” He whispered in my ear, giving me chills. I shook my head and headed to the bathroom. 

Wren came in a second later and changed. When we were both done, I looked and saw she was wearing black and I was wearing white. I looked in the mirror and saw the scars covering my upper right arm and hips. There were also scars on my thigh. That’s why I wore so many bracelets.

“Oh my God, Iver. I’m not letting you go out there like that.” Wren said and walked toward with me. She looked me up and down. She and Niall were the only ones that knew.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I jumped beside the door and Wren opened it.

“It’s just Niall.” She said and I breathed out. He came in and looked away.

“You got worse.” He said, sighing.

“Yeah, I did.” I said, my face getting red from anger.

“You said you would stop. You promised.” He whispered. His voice broke in the middle of the sentence. He always got emotional over this stuff.

“Ni, it’s not that easy…” I started.

“Yeah! I fucking know that! But you should have tried!” He said, his eyes red and teary. I took a step closer and reached out to him. Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist.

“You still do it, don’t you?!” He yelled and I tried to twist my arm from his grip.

“Niall! Calm down! The boys will hear you.” Wren said, touching his shoulder.

“They went out already.” Niall said with a deep voice. He threw her off and squeezed my wrist harder.

“Don’t you?!” He yelled and tears fell out of my eyes.

“Stop!” I yelled and his face softened. He pushed my bracelets off and saw the still-healing wounds on my wrist. He sniffed and pulled me into a tight hug.

“I’m so sorry, Iver. I’m so so sorry.” He said into my ear and kissed my forehead. He smoothed my hair down.

“It’s okay, Ni. It’s not your fault.” I said, squeezing his shoulder.

“It is. I wasn’t here for you when this happened. I knew what was going on, but I still left you.” He sobbed and I smoothed his hair down. His body shook with every breath he took. I shushed him and ran my hand through his hair over and over again.

“You made a living for yourself. Now get yourself together and tell me what I should do.” I said and he nodded and sniffed. He sat down for a minute, still holding my hand and then got up.

“I got it!” He said, happier. His eyes were still red but now he was smiling.

“Shoot.” I said and he went over to the cabinet and pulled out… fake tan?

“Ew.” Wren and I said at the same time.

“It’s either this or nothing.” He said boldly and I groaned as he started spraying me. It made me a shade darker, but it’s not that noticeable. I waited for it to dry and looked in the mirror. It covered most of the scars pretty well. You’d have to be up close to see them.