Chapter 2- Starbucks

|| Iver’s POV ||

I lay around the apartment all day, shoving chips in my mouth with Wren, my best friend.

Wren Simpson. She has thick bleach blonde hair that stops shortly above her shoulders, making her seem like a valley girl. She’s had it every color of the rainbow, sorting from white all the way to black. When people bitch at her about ‘damaging’ her hair, she makes up a silly story every time. Last time I heard, she said she came out of the womb with her hair. But that one didn’t fly because her hair was bright purple at the time. She’s petite for her age, which is 19, 5’3 at the most. She hates it, but I adore it. Her eyes are a light brown with gold flecks sprinkled in them.

Yes, this is the same Wren Simpson that I stole from class in middle school. Ever since Niall left, we’ve been together, and now we’re living in an apartment together, going to the same college, which is in London. It’s a lot better than the ones in Mullingar, where we’re originally from.

And then there’s me. Iver Cruse. I’m known as a troublemaker, but I also like a good book from time to time. I look wild, with my silver hair that cascades down to my ribs. It’s dyed of course. I’ve had this ever since 7th grade and the color just stuck with me. Plus, I like the attention it gives me. People stare and point, usually at Wren too, but now that she had blonde hair, it’s only at me. It makes me laugh; the looks parents give me when we go shopping, like I’m going to persuade their five year old child to dye his hair silver. I’m 5’7 and have an average body, nothing special. Except my eyes. They’re light blue with a brown spot on one of them. It’s a birthmark, but we usually tell people I got stabbed in the eye, just to amuse ourselves at the terrified expression they give us. Something like that.

Anyway, we were sitting in our apartment, listening to the radio, when suddenly a commercial came on.

“Ugh, change it! I can’t stand these annoying commercials!” I complained, and Wren shushed me. I gave her an annoyed look, which she responded with putting her finger to her lips.

“Are you freaking listening?!” She said and I then noticed she was talking about the commercial. I listened closer, going completely silent.

“-Chance to meet One Direction! All you have to do is be the tenth caller, and you get two free backstage passes and the chance to meet the biggest boy band in the world.” The radio said, and my mouth parted, trying to construct words, but nothing coming out. Both our eyes were large as we made eye contact.

“Oh my God, Wren!” I said, jumping up.

“We can do this!” She said, following my lead and grabbing her phone. I grabbed my phone and got the number for the radio show and dialed it.

It rang a few times before someone answered.

“Yes, caller!” He said and I smiled, wetting my lips.

“When do we call for the One Direction tickets?” I asked, looking over at a beaming Wren. She stuck her thumbs up.

“That is in ten minutes. Good luck.” He chuckled and I thanked him and hung up.

“Ten minutes.” I told Wren and she nodded, obviously excited.

“We’re going to get this.” She said and I shot her a worried look.

“Dude, I doubt it. What’s the chance of us being the tenth caller?” I said irritably.

“What’s the chance of all the other little bitches being the tenth caller? It’s worth a try.” She said, and I shot her a small smile.

“This is finally the chance we’ve been talking about! You can meet Niall and be reunited and you can hug him and kiss him and love him and he can do the same to you! You two were meant for each other, and finally here’s our chance to meet him again.” She said in a hurried voice and I nodded.