Chapter 7- Darren

They… they left us.” I said as I slid down the hotel wall.

“N-No. I’m going to call Harry.” Wren said and I nodded as I stared blankly at the wall. I gulped as I listened to her gasp after a few seconds.

“I think they blocked me!” She said and my head snapped up and I felt a constriction in my chest. Why did he do this?

I signaled for Wren and she looked down at me. I felt like I couldn’t breathe and I noticed I was shaking quite badly. My head was spinning and I felt like I was going to throw up.

“Iver? Oh God, Iver, calm down.” She said and backed up as she crouched down.

“Talk to me.” She ordered and I felt like I couldn’t move or talk. I tried to but, I just couldn’t.

“What’s going on?” The teenage boy asked as he peered over the desk.

“I don’t know, I think she’s having a panic attack or something?” She said questionably. I’ve only had a panic attack one other time in my life. Right after Niall left for the X-Factor.

The teenage boy and Wren helped me up and behind the counter and into the seat. He got a magazine and started fanning me.

“What are you doing?” Wren snapped at the guy. He shot her a glare then looked back at me worriedly.

“I have panic attacks all the time. I know what to do.” He said as he crouched down beside me.

He put his hand on my back and stomach and instructed me to breathe in and out.

“Deep breaths.” He ordered and I did as best as I can. He kept coaching me and I slowly felt myself slip back into reality and breathe normally. I was still shaking though.

“Uh… T-Thanks for the help.” I breathed. He gave me a warm smile and I felt my heart flutter.

“You’re welcome. As I said, I get them quite a bit.” He murmured. It was then I noticed he was holding my hand. I blushed slightly and pulled my hand out of his, making him go deep crimson. He was probably 19, same as us. He had wavy chocolate brown hair. It was quite long, but it flipped out of his eyes. His eyes were a light green and he was very tall. Probably the size of Harry. He wore rectangular glasses and he had a crooked smile.

“Whoa, your eyes are so pretty.” He said as he looked at me. My face blushed and Wren stared at us.

“Hello?! I’m right here?!” She said and fake gagged.

“So what’s your name?” I asked after a second.

“Darren Jones.” He said and smiled. He had a dimple on the side of his face and his eyes sparkled.

“Yours?” He asked.

“Iver Cruse.” I said and he raised an eyebrow.

“I’ve heard about you. From that One Direction boy. Are you two dating or something?” He said and I shook my head.

“No! Just good friends.” I said hurriedly. He smiled and looked in my eyes.

“Good.”

“C’mon Iver, we have to go. We need to get a hold of them.” Wren huffed and I sighed and sat up.

“Well, uh, thanks again Darren. See you around?” I said and he nodded.

We walked out the door and started walking home.

“What the hell was that?” Wren asked and I looked at her like I didn’t know what she was talking about.

“You and him seemed pretty lovey dovey.” She said and I shrugged. She narrowed her eyes at me.

“I-“

“Iver! Hey! Do… Can I have your number?” I heard a shouting call say. A hand touched my shoulder and I spun around, looking at a huffing Darren. He bent over, breathing heavy and looked up, smiling at me.

“Uh, sure.” I said as I grabbed his phone.

818-248-1463 –Iver c:

“Okay, thanks.” He said as he got up. He clicked a few things then I felt my pocket vibrate. I reached down and pulled out my phone and looked at it, then smirked and looked back at Darren. I pressed the answer button.

“Just making sure you didn’t give me a fake number.” He said and I laughed and hung up.

“Bye Darren.” I said and he gave me a small smile before looking over his framed glasses and his eyes glinted.

“See you later.” He winked and turned around.