Blackhawk Games and adoptions | chapter four

A little time skip ☺️
Jonathan|

"You ready?" I asked peering down at her. She looked away from the window, and nodded. She had watery eyes by the time she hand connected with mine. "She's gonna have a real family." She nervously laughed. "I know. We made that happen." I smiled kissing her hand three times for good luck.

I closed my eyes while my lips still on her hand and thought about the process and how demanding it was and that ended about two weeks ago.

"And Stephanie why do you feel you should be able to care for this child after you gave her up nine years ago?" The interviewer had asked Stephanie.
"I feel as if, when I saw her when visiting. I knew it was the right moment, not nine years ago. Where my life is actually stable and that I can finally see what would be best for her. She needs and deserves a home. And I think that it would be with us." Stephanie connected her hands with mine and smiled warmly.

" and you Jonathan, do you see anything wrong with this?" The interviewer asked me. "I believe that if the time was not right, then yes. She should of given her up. If it was right, she wouldn't have." I swallowed after.

"I wanted to let you know that she has been in and out of foster homes for the past five years. And with that, she had some activities. She dances and does horse back riding." She said and we nodded.

"Does she do it for fun or seriously?" I asked. "Seriously. She dances at least ten hours a week and about to or so hours for horseback riding. That's how she has been able to meet many people. I should of warned you guys earlier, I'm sorry." She gushed.

"No worries. She's nine, she should be able to socialize and be active. It's fine." Stephanie answered and I nodded. She sighed and looked at her clipboard. Then back at us.

"One last question." She looked in between us.

"How are you guys doing? Is this a healthy environment?" She asked. Stephanie and I looked at one another. "Yes. We have worked out all the issues and we have been cleared to live with one another. So yes, this is." I answered. She nodded and wrote some things down. 

"Well guys, you are one lucky couple." She smiled standing up. Sean started running in, and Stephanie's mom walked behind him. "Is this Sean?" She asked and we nodded. "I've heard so much about you." She bent down to his level. "You be good now, you're gonna be a big brother." She beamed as he jumped up and down. She slugged standing up.

"Good luck." She smiled as she walked out. "We did it." I turned facing towards her closing the door. "We did it." She closed the gap between us and kissed me.

My eyes fluttered open as Stephanie grabbed my attention. "It's time." She got out and I met her at the other side.

I brought her hands into mine as we walked towards the entrance of the hospital. We walked in and Dr.Rhodes walked over to us.

"Is everything alright?" He asked. "Oh ya, everything is normal. Just meeting someone." He nodded and said goodbye to us.

"Mr and Mrs toews?" Someone said beside us. "Yes?" I asked turning. "We have Isabella this way." The lady smiled. We both walked towards the room and walked in. She was playing with some toys.

"Isabella, we have some people who are here to take you home." The lady said. She turned to us and smiled.  "Stephanie!" She screamed running towards us.

She turned towards me. "Toes." I bent down to greet her and she hugged me.

"You're taking me home?" She asked looking up at both of us.