Old people come back to haunt| Chapter Eighteen

Stephanie

Stephanie

Something banged downstairs causing Ryder to start barking, and make his way downstairs. I started to panic as I heard ruffling downstairs, really because Jonathan was not home. He went on a boys trip to Toronto. Our alarm system for some reason didn't go off. I grabbed my phone and hurriedly started to text Jonathan to make sure it was not him. Jonathan reassured me that it was not him, and that i need to call the police. I grabbed a hockey stick from the closet and made my way downstairs. Sean and Bella were currently with jonathan's parents and so I didn't need to worry about them at the moment. ryder stopped barking and that made me nervous.

why'd he stop?
i lightly went down the stairs and heard people talking.

i peered over the railing and saw who i didn't think i'd see again.

lindsey and my ex.

i bit my lip and stepped onto the main floor.

ryder making his way over, because he probably smelled or sensed me. which caused, lindsey to spot me.

"is someone home alone?" she smirked walking over, me putting the hockey stick in between us.

My ex appeared next to me, ryder began to growl as i moved back up the stairs.

"what do you want?" I asked my voice- shaking.

"you know." he taunted. I sighed before making a break for it. I ran up the stairs, ryder beside me and made my way into the bedroom.

I immediatley locked it and got into the closet with ryder and locked that.

I quickly dialed the equivalent of 911.

Jonathan still blew up my phone as ryder guarded the door.

The two of them were trying to get through the first door.

"what's your emergency??" the woman answered.

"hi,yes i have two intruders in my home. my alarm system is not working- and i know the two." i blurted. I also gave her the address.

"we have two cop cars in route already, a neighbor called a few minutes ago. stay on the line m'am." i heard them two break in.

the sirens came into hearing, and i breathed a sigh of relief.

"come on, stephanie. where is she?" he screamed, growing nervous.

"Not here, guess you'll have to hurt me instead." i screamed back. i heard glass breaking and something fall. it was the vanity jonathan had made, and now it was broken.

"im sorry, im sorry i gave her up. don't think i didn't think about you." I began. I opened the door.

He needed to hear this.

"I wanted nothing more than to be a family with you,Matt. I really did, but you knew very well we weren't ready." I finished.

his face became grim, and came close to me.

it became a blur, i hadn't realized he had tried to grab ahold of me until the police stood behind me, telling him to get away from me.

"are you alright?" the seargent asked me. i breathed heavily and shook my head. ryder continued to lick my hands as i sat down on the bed.

lindsey was fighting with the cops, but what was new.

jonathan blew up my phone, and told me he was coming home.

i couldn't wait to see him, and get past this.

||