Goodbye New Orleans and Confrontations |Chapter Eleven

Stephanie|

Today was the day I was leaving, for awhile at least. I was taking a leisurely stroll around NOLA. The cast and crew was sad, but given what happened last month they understood. My phone started to buzz.

"Jon"

"Hello." I said. "Hey, babe. Just wanted to let you know that Bella is sick and that she wanted you to come home soon." He laughed. "Tell Bella, mom will be home soon." I said in third person. "So what are you doing this afternoon?" I asked walking through the French quarter.

"I'm landscaping right now, as well as interior design." He said and I was shocked. "You doing math?" I laughed. "Hah very funny. Just doing a little something." He said. "Uh huh, is that right." I said. "Correct." He said.

"Well I will let you get back to that." I said. There was a lot of noise coming from his end. And a scream. "Jon? What's going on?" I asked. "I'll call you back." He said but he didn't hang up.

"Dad, please." I heard Bella say. I got into my car as fast as I could.

"What do you want Matt?" I heard Jonathan ask. "You and Stephanie know. MY DAUGHTER!" He roared. His fiery roar.
"We all know that's not going to happen." Jonathan replied. "I'll see about that." And with that the line went dead.

I dialed Charles fast.

"Hey, Steph I'm ki-" I cut him off. "No! You are coming with me to Chicago and I mean it."

Jonathan|

"Come on Matt, we all know that's not going to happen." I said. "I'll see about that." He smirked. He held a tight firm hold on Bella with a gun.

"Come on, let's just settle this. Right now, without Bella here." I say trying to reason.
"Awe, daddy trying to stick up for you. How petty." He said into Bella's ear.

"I'm you're only daddy!" He roared in her ear and she closed her eyes.

She kicked him in the shin hard and ran towards me. I put my arms around her and put her behind me.

"That bitch!" He laughed. "I know. she's a hassle, guess that will do." I heard a voice to the right of me.

Lindsey waltzed out and put a hand on her hip.

"If it isn't Jonathan Toews himself in his lowest point." She grinned.
She walked closer to me, and put her hand on my collar leading towards my neck.

"Still firm." She grinned lowering her hand to my chest. I moved back. "Ou, he wants to play." She laughed. She came closer and in a second she grabbed Bella from my hands and pulled her back. I reached for her but she was snatched quickly.

"Dad!" She screamed towards me. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna let them hurt you." I tried to make her less scared. Lindsey threw her towards Matt who caught her. He took her into the other room.

"Now where were we." She said walking towards me.

"Listen Lindsey, I'm happily married. Those days were long gone." I said as she backed me up to the wall.

"Come on, it's not like it's the first time you've cheated on your wife is it?" She grinned. I swallowed hard and looked down at my feet. "That's what I thought." She said. She grabbed my hands. "Put them on me." She said. I dropped them.

"Listen Dingbat." She said pulling something from her back, and I realized it was a gun. My chest raised a little bit.

"I said put them on me." She instructed and I didn't.

She rolled her eyes.

"You are a child! You know that." She said walking into the kitchen area, which was connected to the living room.