My scene

I made a scene for the play Romeo and Juliet for english class so I thought I would share it.

Romeo meets with Rosaline to propose. She says no, explaining that she is a nun and has sworn her life to God. Romeo is very upset and wonders why she would hurt him.

[Enter Romeo and Rosaline, in a grove of trees]

Rosaline: So why did you bring me here?

Romeo: You'll see.

[they enter a small clearing]

Romeo: [kneeling down] Rosaline, I love you with all my heart. I will stand by your side forever. You are so beautiful and perfect. Will you marry me?

Rosaline: [pauses] Oh, Romeo. I'm so sorry. I can't.

Romeo: [tearing up] Why? Why can't you marry me, oh beautiful, fair, amazing Rosaline?

Rosaline: I've sworn to live my life without a man, to never love, to never be married. I swore I would stay chaste forever. I swore I would live my whole life dedicated to God.

Romeo: You're... a nun?

Rosaline: Yes. I'm so sorry. I made a promise to God that I can't break.

Romeo: But you're wasting your beauty! Beauty like yours is so rare. You won't be able to pass it on to children! [aside] Cupid, why?

Rosaline: I made some sacrifices to God. I will continue to make sacrifices for Him. I have to be able to love Him with all my heart with no distractions. Goodbye, Romeo.

[exuent]

Romeo: Why must fate be so cruel? Why must I love a lady who will never love me back? Oh God, why can't you give her back to me? Cupid hates me. Wait. What if she became a nun to escape marriage with me? What if she hates me? Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt her? What did I do to deserve this? God, please forgive me of all my sins. I must have done something terribly wrong. I love her so much. What do I do? I will never stop loving her. Why must she be so sweet, so pretty, so beautiful, but not sweet enough to spare me this pain? Cupid, why must you do this to me? Take back your arrow and make me fall out of love! Or make me fall in love with someone else! Do I even deserve to live? Should I give up on life? No, I can't. I'll hurt my parents too much. They will be so disappointed. Maybe if I had a sibling, but I don't. I guess I just have to take the pain and try to survive. It's so hard though. Why did she do this?