Chapter 31: Clash of Ideals

"Interplanetary Mythic, Starburst Kerbecs!" Declared Yudai.

"Celestial Event Observer, Xenovia!" Yelled Kiniro

"Primordial Storm Chevalier, Caelus!" Roka shouted.

"Attack the Vanguard!" All three of the Defenders new G units struck down Yza, Hanafi and Rey's Яeverse units  respectively, resulting in their wins. The Яeverse cards disappeared in some sort of disintegration, and the Яeverse marks on their faces vanished. With their foes defeated and unconscious due to the fatigue of bearing the Яeverse, they all carried/dragged their former adversaries out of the rooms and headed back to the entrance of the underground.

Once all the Defenders made it to the entrance with Yza, Hanafi and Rey in tow, they saw Izo at a fight table with a Яeversed fighter and many unconscious people on the floor around them. The Яeversed fighter had an uncomfortable look on his face. He was most likely about to lose to Izo, as the rest of the now unconscious fighters must have. Izo had a somewhat sadistic smile on his face, obviously loving the sight of his opponent squirming. 

"Burn beyond revival! The end has arrived! Supreme Heavenly Emperor Dragon, Dragonic Overlord "the Ace" attacks your Cocytus "Яeverse"!" The dragon lord marched towards  the ice devil slowly, like the grim reaper strutting towards its victim. He raised his sword and stuck the pointed edge into the lava-coated ground. Nothing happened for a second, but then a huge pillar of fire erupted around Cocytus, burning him to 'death'. Izo's opponent's last damage flew into the damage zone and with a little gagging and spluttering, the Яeverse left him. Izo sighed.

"Man, I didn't think it'd take that long. I must be losing my edge." He said to himself. Yudai sweatdropped.

"Didn't think it would take that long? He realises he just beat over thirty fighters in a row, right?!"  The three walked over to Izo. 

"So, is that everyone?" Izo asked.

"I think so," Kiniro replied. "I don't they'd let us leave if there were more of them crawling around somewhere." He took a Xenovia out of his FiCa and stared at it in awe. "Man, these new G units Harmonics Messiah gave us really pack a punch." Roka giggled.

"Tell me about it. You should have seen the look on Rey's face when I used mine. It was priceless" Izo cleared his throat to get the other's attention.

"Glad you guys are ready to laugh it up, but we're not done here. The Яeverse always has a source. A common denominator. There is always someone who starts the phenomenon and oversees its spreading. And we need to find that person. Let's split up, we can-" Before Izo could finish his sentence, there were several loud bangs, which sounded like it came from an explosion of some sorts. Closely following the sound were violent tremors that shook the underground and brought the heroes to their knees. Chunks of rock and debris started to descend from the ceiling as the tremors intensified. Izo looked around the room. He noticed that Rei hadn't returned yet

"Change of plans." Declared Izo. "You guys get these unconscious fighters up those stairs and outer here. I'm gonna go find Goldie before he's turned into a rubble  pizza." On behalf of the group, Yudai gave a hesitant,  but reassuring, nod. And with that, Izo took off in search of Rei.

The search for Rei was a lot more difficult and treacherous than he had first anticipated. Not only did he not now where to find him in the spacious underground, but the was debris falling everywhere that could likely crush him. The further he went into the underground, the worse the condition got. Still,  Rei was his friend also. No matter how annoying, insufferable, nosy, childish and loud he was, he still had a special place in his heart. Izo cursed under his breath.