Chapter 40: Deleted History

Team Unknown Defenders glared at their adversaries in burning anger as they checked on their unconscious allies. All of Yudai's Clan Cards were blank. They must have done something to affect life on Cray also.

Yudai snarled. "You bastard," he said, keeping his eyes on Kaiko. "Why did you do this? I thought this was supposed to be a tournament! You just eliminated the competition before the fights even began!"

Kaiko did not react, but a sinister smile crept onto his face.

"Yudai, don't be so naïve. These Clan Guardians were merely safeguards against us from the beginning, and they failed in their duty. The entirety of Cray has been afflicted by the Reverse, and it is only a matter of time before we fully open the Gate. Besides, you know yourself that this," he raised his arms, addressing the six of them as a collective. "Is the only competition that matters. This is how it was meant to be from the beginning."

Yudai balled up his fists, and rose to his feet. "I don't know what happened to you all these years, Kaiko, but this is some seriously depraved stuff. Screw tomorrow. We'll start this right here, right now, and put a stop to all of this. I will destroy everything you've built up to this point, with my own two hands, if necessary!" He declared.

Kaiko's eyes shifted to Yudai's deck, a flaming black aura radiating from a particular card in his deck, an aura only visible to him.

"You're an interesting one."

After resting the Clan Guardians against the walls of the coliseum to rest, Team Unknown Defenders stood across from Team Void Chaos, three players on each side of the fight table.

"Guys, I want to go first." Kiniro said resolutely. "I don't want the same calamity that happened before to be realised." Yudai nodded, and Roka gave him a hug and wished him good luck.

Kiniro set his deck down on the table. Kyle Hono stepped forward. Kiniro's eyes narrowed.

"Are you the one who Reversed Izo?"

"Not quite. I brought him to Kaiko for Reversing. Despite being a Reversed fighter, for some reason, I can't actually Reverse people. I did, however, erase the Kagero clan from existence, save for a few exceptions." he said with twisted pride.

"You people are sick. I guess The Void chose the right people to carry out his mission. Too bad we're going to stop you."

Kyle followed suit and set up his field. Both players placed their hands on their face down first vanguards.

"You talk big, Blondie. But I wonder what will happen when I delete a clan that watches over the time of Cray."

"Stand up, Vanguard!"

"Flutter Deletor, Zuiije!" (Grade 0, 5000)
"New-age Prodigy, Era!" (Grade 0, 5000)

Kyle took a card from his deck, smirking at Kiniro. "I'll take the first move. I ride I'll-fate Deletor, Drown. (Grade 1, 7000) Zuiije moves back. I call Overeat Deletor, Onagil. (Grade 1, 7000) Onagil's skill. We both draw a card, and then we discard a card. With that, I end my turn."

Hand
Kyle: {4} | Kiniro: {5}

Damage
Kyle: {0 (0)} | Kiniro: {0 (0)}

OXO OXO
 OXX OOO

Kiniro frowned. He wasn't familiar with any of Kyle's cards. He knew he'd have to fight cautiously. "Draw. Alternate Past Observer, Krona; Ride. Era moves to the back. Boosted by Era, Krona attacks Drown!" (Power: 12000)

"I'll allow it," Kyle said with a smile.

[Drive Check] - Alternate Present Observer, Chrome - No Trigger