9: Escape

Erica's Pov.

Rose's limp body laid in my arms. My eyes were blurry from all the tears welling up in my eyes. All the sudden I felt her body get heavier. Not by much but I could still tell. No. Please no. Don't leave me. I started shaking her "no! Rose!" Once I stopped shaking her I saw her finger twitch. She's still alive. I need to work on getting us out of here so she can get better. I walked over to the window and started working on getting out.

-1 hour later-

I've been working on getting the window open for some time now. I don't really think Roderick will come back. He looked really mad at what Rose had done. Finally one of the boards fell down. After one fell down all the rest fell down. I did my best to catch them so they wouldn't make a noise falling on the floor. One of the boards slid on my hand and pain shot through my whole hand. I looked down at my hand, there was a ton of little splinters all through my hand. I tried to ignore it. The window wasn't to wide, I have no clue how I'm going to get Rose through this. I looked outside. We were in a neighborhood. Outside the window was a street.

I know. Ill get out the window and go get help. I opened the window and started to crawl out. Every time I set my hand on something pain would shoot through it. I got out and jumped onto the ground. I started sprinting. Who knows where Roderick is and I definitely don't want to get caught. I ran to the neighbors and nocked on their door. A small old lady wearing a purple shirt and light grey shorts answered the door. She had orange hair that was poofy and curly. "Hello?" Her voice was frail as she looked at me. "Please help. My sister, she's hurt. Your neighbor. He kidnapped her and hurt her." I was out of breath from the run so I had to stop for a breath often. The lady got a surprised look on her face then she turned, looked inside the house and yelled "Ronny! Call 911 dear! There's a girl here and she says her sister hurt" I heard movement in the kitchen.

All the sudden someone grabbed me. I heard a voice tell me to go to my room. I turned around and saw that it was Roderick. He then faced the old lady and said "I'm terribly sorry, this is my granddaughter. She has a crazy imagination." The old lady smiled and nodded, then closed the door. I can't believe she bought what he said! Roderick shoved me towards the house. "I guess we need to find a new room for you now don't we?"

Authors note: I know this is short and I'm sorry but I don't really feel like writing today. Sorry