16: Inferior

Rose's Pov.

It's been a few weeks since I got kidnapped. My sister is still in a comma. I've been training to hunt with my dad. I do anything I can to try and forget about it and have fun. You only turn into a vampire once after all. I went back to school as usual but people had heard about the kidnapping. Wherever I go I get gifts, balloons, and cards. Now I only get 1 or 2 a day. I've been in to visit Erika on most days after school. I'm going back today for the 12th time. Every time I visit I bring her a book to read her. The doctors say it will help if we talk to her.

I walked up and open the door to the hospital. The desk lady, Janean, waved at me and told me it was ok to go in. I smiled back at her and walked down the hall to room 56 on the 3rd floor. I opened the dark brown wooden door and stepped in. Erika was laying face up surrounded by balloons, presents, and flowers from her friends at school. She looked so peaceful, like she was having a happy dream.

I slowly trudged towards her. I could feel my eyes start to swell up a little bit as I reached down to softly stroke her hand. "Hi Riki, I missed you" I paused, letting a tear fall down my cheek before brushing it away, sniffling, and I went on "I brought your favorite book today." I pulled out a black, soft-covered, book that read 'The Hunger Games'. It had been her favorite ever since it came out. The pages were worn on the edges from being read so much. I opened to the first page and began reading, trying to hold back my tears.

After about a half hour of reading I closed the book and put it back in my bag. I slung my bag on my shoulder and took a step closer to Erika, or Riki, as I called her. I clasped her hand into mine and leaned down to hug her. "I'll see you tomorrow. We can finish the story then."

I got up to leave and I thought I had felt her grab my hand and hold on to it. I turned around dismayed, and look down to see her eyes flutter open. I dropped all things and leaned down next to her "Erika?!" I grasped her hand. I heard a loud beeping coming from one of the machines that hooked Erika up. Within seconds nurses flooded into the room. A few seconds past and my shoulders were being gripped tightly and pulled back.

My eyes blurred with tears and my throat stung from yelling. The last thing I saw was the nurses rushing around Rikki and the door slam just in front of my nose.

********************

Merry Christmas!!! I know it's a little short but there's way more to come. I just had to leave u guys on a cliff hanger.

Do me a HUGE favor and go and read Suaded, my friend wrote it and I think it's going to be really popular so please go and help her out.