Preference #51 Painting

(Originally tried to do 'paint fight', didn't work out, not enough scenarios.)

Beau- "We only have a month to finish this-" You reminded Beau, your patience withering as he seemed to find anything and everything to distract himself from painting your soon to be daughter's bedroom. The two of you had been planning on painting the room for weeks now, but tonight was the one night Beau couldn't find an excuse to get out of it. "It's not gonna take that long, (Y/N)" Beau chuckled with a brief glance over, dropping the roller to lay against the plastic film you'd placed on the floor so paint wouldn't stain the freshly cleaned carpet. He bent at the waist to dip his finger into the tray filled with pastel purple before leaning over to smear a line across your cheek, it extending all the way down to the edge of your lips. "Don't start something you can't finish, Brooks." You glared across at him before bursting into laughter, retrieving the paint  roller from the ground and brushing it along his white t-shirt. 

Jai- Jai had planned a 'secret' date and he absolutely refused to tell you what his plans were. Knowing how artistic he was, guessing by the worn out t-shirt he had on, you began pondering on if it involved paint of some sort. As soon as the car came to a hault in front of the well-known graffiti park, you shook your head, this all being a predictable choice; perfectly in line with your assumption. "C'mon-" He said with a gesture toward the opened car door, you quickly exiting the vehicle yourself and following along beside him. Within twenty minutes or so, you two had claimed a section from one of the large cement walls with various markings; each brush of spray paint contributing to the nearly completed wall its self. "Y'know how you always wanted to dye your hair a cool color?.." Jai trailed off, eyes falling to the paint can in hand before lifting it- spraying a streak of blue down a large chunk of strands, "-think it suits you well." He laughed out, your reaction being to chase him with the can of your own. 

Luke- You nearly groaned out loud as your little cousin's stubby fingers grabbed hold of yours, tugging you from the snack covered table over toward the station where a short line of children stood; each getting a face painting of some sort from a rather attractive lad- that making it all worse. It was your five-year-old cousin's birthday party and somehow your mother had coaxed you into helping chaperone; promises of dinner after being the point in which you gave in. "(Y/N).." The short child below called out, 'dragging' you over to the back of the line, "-you could be a tiger!" She said enthusiastically, the un-named boy at the end of the line glancing up from his painting to give a soft laugh at that. You're certain your face was redder than the paint dispensed in that tray, giving a quiet sigh as the line got shorter and shorter- your cousin was too cute to tell no, so you just went along with her request. "Uh.. A tiger." You huffed out after sitting in the cheap plastic chair, his teeth hooking over his lip ring at that; making his best attempts to stop the laugh from flowing. He had a face that felt familiar, something about him not intimidating in the slightest. His finger accidentally slipped into the orange paint as he went to squeeze a generous amount into the tray, that same finger soon lifting to smear it across your forehead, your nose crinkling with a soft giggle. 

Daniel- "It says wet paint! w-e-t!" You nagged, even going further as to spell it out for him, reciting what you'd previously read in bold inked across a sign taped to the glass entrance of the building. As you and Daniel walked down the freshly painted hallway of your apartment, he repeated for the second time since your short journey toward your place began, "Doesn't look wet." He mumbled, sight glued to the walls as you two continued to walk down the carpeted space, "Y'wanna give it a try?" You laughed out, your feet coming to a stop as your arms crossed, geniunely excited to prove him wrong. He didn't even respond, just reached his index finger forward toward the wall, paint immediately staining a light shade of beige; a sigh falling from his lips from the sight of his finger tip. "Hah." You gave a sarcastic laugh, an eyebrow arching as you looked over at him. His finger reached over to smear the substance across your cheekbone, "Hah." He mocked with a wide grin, hand conveniently placed against your jaw as he leaned down briefly to leave a quick kiss to the bridge of your nose. 

James-  "Ah, fuck." you heard for about the fifth time, your sight falling to meet James below you, nail polish bottle placed beside his thigh as his hands were occupied with your feet. "Just keep going James, they can't be that  bad." He was painting your toenails, because he claimed that it can't be 'that hard'- so you decided to let him give it a try, that's what nail polish remover is for, right? -But he was slowly getting frustrated with himself. "I give up.. I did the best I could, okay?" He sighed out, the black cap of the polish twisting back into place before he moved out of your line of sight, displaying his 'beautiful' work. The red was not only on your nails, but all over the skin surrounding them. You tried your best to hold back the laugh boiling up in your throat, but it escaped. "Hey, I said I tried!" He laughed out, noticing that you weren't impressed with his skills. "They look fine." You lied, looking up from the disaster that was your toenails. "Just, maybe, let me paint them from now?" "Yeah. You wanna paint mine?" James asked, figuring it'd be the perfect way to get him back for the mess he made.