Chapter 14: The Soul Of Kireina

-Jack P.O.V-
"Now what do we do?! Nashi's been taken god knows where and we have no way of finding her!" I said angrily.
"Well, she was more 'picked up' than 'taken'" Dad added. "Whatever was inside her was really messing up her brain..."
"But he healed her, right? That thing he injected into her...it acted like an antidote," Wendy suggested.
"I don't care about any of that!" Natsu shouted. "What the hell are they gonna do to her?!"
"Listen, I think everyone should calm down a bit," Erza said, sweat dropping. "This is a lot more serious than we think. Nashi's life could be on the line here."

-Ryo P.O.V-
The machine had just about finished loading the last tank when they carried her in. She was unconscious, of course. They gently settled her onto the table and hooked her in.
"W-We're starting now?!" I stuttered, backing away.
"Why wouldn't we? We have everything we need," a man replied, as he finished attaching the cords to her arms. Tristan then came in through the doorway, his devilish smile still glued onto his face. He walked over to her and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.
"Kireina..." He muttered, gazing at her. She was beautiful, just like the first time I'd seen her. It just wasn't fair.
"Her name is Nashi," I said quietly. He turned round to face me.
"Ryo...Nashi's going to die, ok? You of all people should know that," he replied, his tone sharp. I wanted to argue back, I wanted to...
"Y-Yes sir," I muttered.

I know you can survive this.
I know you can.
"Beginning Operation KIREINA in three, two, one..." I pulled down the lever. It immediately began, Nashi's body glowing like a star in a place it didn't belong. But the pain came with it. She woke up instantly and started screaming. The sound was so horrible, I was desperate to cover my ears...
"How long will it take?" Tristan asked, who was suddenly by my side. I stared back at him, shocked.
You can listen to this suffering and act like it's not even happening?...
The screaming suddenly went silent, as Nashi fell unconscious again.
"Twenty four hours, sir. One day," I replied, nodding my head.
"We have to wait a whole day? Ah well, I guess two hundred is a lot to take in..." He muttered.
A hundred and ninety nine, actually.
"I'll leave her to you then. Tell me when she wakes up," he added.
"That'll be in about an hour, sir," I called out as he left. He nodded, signalling he understood. As soon as he was out of sight, I hurried into the storage room to make sure it was still there.

All the shelves were empty, of course, except the one at the very back. I sighed with relief when I noticed it, however I still went over to check it was okay. The last tank, the one I promised myself I wouldn't use. The substance glowed through the clean glass, completely fresh and untouched. My expression saddened when I read the label.

BLOOD 001
LUCY DRAGNEEL.

"Lucy Dragneel..." I whispered.

-Natsu P.O.V-
I couldn't stand it. I just couldn't.
"Where are they?!" I shouted angrily.
"Natsu, we're not gonna find them by screaming..." Erza muttered.
"They obviously need her for something! And whatever they want, they're getting it now!" I complained.
"You don't think we know that?!" Gray shouted back.
"Everyone calm down!" Jack called out. "Natsu, I know how you feel. You just wanna run outside and get Nashi back, even though you have no idea where she is. I feel that way as well. But what we need to do is think of a strategy and try and figure out her location. Otherwise...we'll never get her back." Jack nodded his head, approving his own words. He was right...but that didn't mean the answer satisfied me.
"But how do we do that?" I asked.
"That," Jack replied. "I don't know."

(Just gonna warn you that the next P.O.V is a very long explanation of Tristan's plan and what's actually going on with Nashi and the Angelic blood. Make sure to pay attention and read it carefully otherwise you will seriously have no idea what's going on) :)
-Ryo P.O.V-
I observed Nashi carefully. It was my job, after all. I was specially hired by Tristan because of my knowledge of angels. If it weren't for that, I'd probably be dead already. The truth is, my father was one of the many scientists who became fascinated with Angels after the Lucy Dragneel incident. Of course, the council attempted to keep it as confidential as possible, however you can never stop information leaking. He became obsessed with Lucy and her blood, especially the power of it. He discovered things that no one else could. And he passed that knowledge down to me, which is why I'm here today. What Tristan said is true- you can bring back Angels. Their souls exist within their blood after death, technically meaning they are still alive. That blood, in the storage room...is Lucy.
Knowing this, and knowing about the war that occurred with the Angels, Tristan developed a way of extracting angelic blood that had sunk into the soil from the battle thousands of years ago. Lucy Dragneel was the first one he managed to find, thanks to my father's obsession with her. Lucy Dragneel, 001. In the end, he managed to extract the full amount of blood from two hundred Angels.
However, resurrection is not Tristan's plan. The actual resurrection of an angel cannot be done without a human sacrifice, so because of this I decided to keep it a secret from Tristan, before he did something even more terrible than he's doing now. Angels cannot be brought back as a person...but their power can be absorbed into humans. By injecting angelic blood into your system, you will achieve the abilities of an angel, and the strength of that power depends on whose blood you are using and how much you use. Tristan wanted to attempt injecting all two hundred into himself, but the amount of strain would be impossible on the human body, and the human blood inside him would react badly. We managed to discover that the human body can only withstand the blood of a single Angel at a time. However, after various amounts of research I came to the conclusion that someone who already has angelic blood pumping inside them will by immune to any type of strain- meaning their body can withstand as much blood as it wants. But that still doesn't say that the process of injecting the blood into them isn't excruciatingly painful. Not only that, but the soul of the Angel that the blood belongs to comes with it. So technically, Nashi will have two hundred souls suffering inside her. Because of this, we know that at least one will attempt to take over Nashi's mind and consciousness, which will of course prevent Nashi from having contact with the world and will in a way trap her inside of her own body. We have no idea who Nashi will become, so Tristan decided to name her 'Kireina', since she will be a new person altogether. We estimated the amount of power Kireina will have after this operation, and it's unbelievable. She'll be the closest thing we've ever had to a God- the balances of life that keep the whole universe together will be in the palm of her hand.