Chapter 15: Completion

20 HOURS LEFT
-Tristan P.O.V-
"I'm sorry that you have to go through this, okay? But you just have to hold on..." I didn't let go of Kireina, as she struggled against the pain.
"T-Tris-"
She could barely make out the words before she screamed again.
God, this is annoying.
I stroked her fuchsia hair softly as she cried. She tried to hold onto me, but her arms were strapped down and were full of injected wires and tubes.
"I'm here for you, always," I muttered. She inhaled, then her gaze suddenly became a death glare. She turned towards me, and I couldn't stop my body from freezing with fear.
What...is this?
She gasped, then her head fell. It had only been for a second, a short second-
But it was terrifying.

-Natsu P.O.V-
"Are we leaving, or what?" I said, charging to the door.
"Natsu-"
"No! I'm not letting go anymore, okay? I won't..." My fist trembled as I gritted my teeth.
"And if she's Kireina?"
"What?"
"If we get there, and she's Kireina," Erza repeated. "What will you do?"
There was an awkward silence.
"I-I'll..." I was completely lost for words.
"You see, Natsu? We're completely unprepared! Not only that, but what impact could we possibly have on them? Compared to angelic power, magic is just..."
"It's doesn't matter how strong we are! Erza, I don't even recognise you..." I said, shaking my head. "Nashi's life is in danger! Does that not mean anything to you? When did you become such a coward?!"
"Natsu..." She muttered, stunned. I charged over to her and grabbed her by the collar.
"You'll thank me later," I said, as I dragged her out of the guild. Yet all she did was laugh. "What's so funny?" I asked, annoyed.
"It's just...when did you become the adult?" She replied. I was pissed off, but it made me smile.

18 HOURS LEFT
-Kireina P.O.V-
It was killing me...
Where was I?
My eyes flew open. The pain coursing through my veins was excruciatingly painful.
Who...am I?
"Hello."
I flinched at the noise. A young, surprisingly handsome man was sitting next to me, holding my hand. I gritted my teeth, the aching of my body unbearable.
"I...can't..." My mouth wouldn't speak.
"It's okay, I'm here for you." His voice was soft, gentle.
"Can't...remember?" I managed to pronounce, my voice cracking in between.
"I've been looking after you, this whole time. It's me, Tristan," he said, smiling.
Tristan...
"I'm sorry you have to go through all this pain...but it will be over soon. When it's done, you'll help us right?" He asked.
"H-Help?..." I stuttered, breathing heavily.
"Yes. We need power. Power to change the world."
My eyes sunk low, like a being without a soul. Then I quietly nodded.

-Jack P.O.V-
We had all arrived at the train station together and Erza was getting our tickets.
"There's a bit of a problem," Erza muttered, coming back with nothing in her hands. "The fastest train to this destination is a twenty hour train ride."
"And?" Nastu asked, clearly not smart enough to figure out something with maths involved.
"According to Ryo's letter, we have 24 hours. Or had, when we received it. Counting back from then...we have about seventeen hours left," I explained.
"So we'll be late..." Dad muttered, holding his chin in thought. I nodded in return.
"Well, that's our only option..." Erza said, trying to be optimistic. "Let's get on before we waste anymore time."
Three hours...
What could be done in that time?
Just as I was about to enter the train, I felt something cold splash my neck. I looked up at the sky, only to realise it's started raining.
'When I cry, the sky cries with me.'
"Nashi..." I whispered to myself.

The train journey was silent. Everyone stared silently into the distance, all deep in their thoughts.
"This is pointless," I muttered. "We're not gonna make it."
No one replied. Had we all really lost hope in ourselves?
"But at least we'll be there," Natsu said, not taking his eyes away from the window. I nodded, sighing. Then I realised something.
"Hey Natsu, don't you get motion sickness?" I asked. He turned to face me.
"I already feel sick enough," he replied.