Chapter 9: The First Mission

Ok before this chapter I need to make something clear, because I don't want it to be something everyone expects and then it doesn't happen.
THIS IS A SPOILER FOR FAIRY TAIL BUT ITS SUCH A BIG SPOILER I'M SURE YOU ALL KNOW- SO ITS COOL.

I know that Natsu is E.N.D, and I know that that should make Nashi half demon. I was planning to add that when I was writing the first book, but I never got to it, and now I think it would just be a bit ridiculous (with everything going on). I mean, the plot's fine, right? I just can't imagine someone going "Oh by the way Natsu, you're E.N.D and Nashi is half demon." It would just be...stupid.
Anyway, I hope that doesn't annoy anyone, and if you have a way that I could add it please tell me and I might consider it. Xxx
Ok, here's Chapter 9!

-Nashi P.O.V-
The sun shone softly through the cracks in the curtains as I opened my eyes. I stretched out, and sat up.
"About time," I heard Jack say. I turned round, to see him sitting down, a buffet of food in front of him.
"YOU RAIDED MY FRIDGE AGAIN?!" I cried angrily.
"It's not even your fridge, chillax..." He replied.
"Well I'm using it until I get a new house, thank you very much," I corrected.
"Come on- we're leaving," he said. Suddenly, I'd been grabbed and pulled out of bed, and were already out the door.
"W-Wait! I'm not even dressed-"
"You can't lie to me. I know you can make clothes," he replied. I sighed. and brushed my hands over my pyjamas, and in seconds they transformed into a white tank top, and a black mini-skirt with a belt strapped across.
"But it uses up my power..." I muttered, annoyed.

I ran my fingers through my hair as a replacement for brushing it, as we made our way to fairy tail.
"Now listen, we're getting a job then leaving. No time to chat," Jack instructed.
"Yeah yeah...so why do want me to do a job so badly?" I asked.
"Because," He began. "You're a member of fairy tail, right?"
I stared at him, his childish grin almost hypnotising. Then I smiled back, and nodded.
"Yeah. I guess I am."

"This one looks good," I said, pulling down a request from the board. I read it out to Jack:

SS-CLASS MISSION
NEED WIZARDS TO PROTECT GOVERNOR'S WIFE, ARYA HILWYN (TRAVELLING NORTH TOWARD CASDRE)
PLEASE TRAVEL SOUTH WEST TOWARDS
COREL THEN INTO THE CAMPBELL ESTATE FOR FURTHER DETAILS
REWARD: 10,000,000 JEWEL

"This is SS-Class! We can't do this!" Jack cried, staring at me as if I was crazy.
"Well I didn't know!" I shouted back, slightly embarrassed. "So what's an SS-Class mission then?"
"It's for special types of wizards- the strongest ones, to put it bluntly. The only person in fairy tail who goes on these types of missions is Gildarts. Even Erza and Mira aren't powerful enough for double s-class..."
"Gildarts? Did I meet him?" I asked, trying to remember the name.
"Nah, he's barely ever here. Most of the missions he does takes years. He left for one about three months ago."
"Wow, that's dedication," I said.
"Anyway, put that down. We're doing another job," Jack added, getting back on subject.
"But all of these are terrible jobs..." I moaned. "Why can't we just go on this one? It doesn't matter if we're S, SS or whatever," I attempted to convince him. He raised his eyebrows at me.
"To be honest...I was hoping you'd say that," he replied.
"Really? Didn't sound like it," I muttered.
"I wanted to sound sensible...But I've always wanted to go on an SS-Class! Nashi, thank you so much-" he reached in and hugged me. I tensed up, surprised. When he let go, I was blushing terribly.
"Hey Nashi!" I turned round, to see Dad and Happy waving. They made their way over, and asked what we were doing.
"We're going on a job. It's only small- the pay's like 10,000. We'll be back in no time," I lied.
"It's for someone named Arya Hilwyn," Jack added.
"Arya Hilwyn...now where does that ring a bell..." Natsu muttered, scratching his head.
"Well, we'll be off. See you around," I said, heading for the exit before with Jack.
"W-Wait- Nashi, you can't! If you use your Angelic power, you'll be closer to Angelus-"
"Then she won't use it," Jack replied. I stared at him, confused.
"Then what am I supposed to use?" I asked.
Jack held his hand out, and created a sword made of ice. The blade shone in a rainbow of colours. It was beautiful. I hesitated, then
took it.
"T-Thanks..." I muttered, admiring it. I stuck it in the strap of my belt, still looking at it as I did.
"You ready to go then?" He asked. He held his hand out to me, smiling. I stared into his eyes, at at their mesmerising sky blue shade. Then, still in a daze, I placed my hand in his.
"Jack..." I muttered.
"Yeah?"
I shook my head, and looked away.
"It's nothing," I replied.