Chapter 19: Our Final Happy Ending

-Erza P.O.V-
"N-Natsu?" I muttered in confusion, as I stared at the closed door in front of me.
"What's wrong?" Gray asked, joining my side.
"He just shut the door. Where could he be going?" I replied.
"Well, why haven't you just opened it?" Gray said, laughing. I placed my hand against the solid wood, but I hesitated.
"Gray, I have a weird feeling," I said quietly. "There's something big on the other side of this door."
Gray put his hand over mine. "Let's open it together," he said calmly. I smiled at him, as we both pushed the door open. Natsu was standing only a few several metres away, holding the hand of a girl with long, golden hair.
"Natsu, what the hell-"
"Wait," I whispered, stopping Gray from walking forward. The sound of our voices caused the two to turn around, so we could see their faces.
I blinked, unable to believe what I was seeing.
Gray froze up by my side, his eyes wide. She looked at us for moment, then smiled happily.
"Hey, guys," She chirped. "Looks like I'm back, huh?"

"L-Lucy?" I stuttered. I fell to my knees, and covered my hand with my mouth. More members of fairy tail began to come out of the guild from the sounds outside.
"Is that..."
"No way..."
Lucy's smile grew brighter. Natsu was also grinning next to her. They both began to walk over to us, still holding hands. When Lucy reached us, she hugged me tightly, which caused me to tense up even more.
"I missed you, Erza," she said softly. Tears streaming down my face, I returned the hug.
"LUCY!" Everyone gathered around us. I was so shocked, I couldn't even look her in the eye.
I was happy.
Unbelievably happy.
This time, we really did all make it.

-Jack P.O.V-
I rested Nashi down onto one of the infirmary beds, then pulled the cover over her. She rolled over, making herself comfortable. I smiled down at her, just as the door burst open. I quickly turned, to see Dad panting at the door.
"Jack," he said, between heavy breaths. "Is Nashi awake?"
"N-No, not yet...is something wrong?" I replied, staring at him with worry. He grinned, shaking his head.
"No...something's finally right."

I hurried down the stairs with Dad, straight after he'd mentioned that Lucy had somehow come back to life.
As soon as we were down, I spotted her. She was crowded around almost every fairy tail member, and looked like the happiest girl in the world.
All those years she'd been suffering, seeing her family mourn her and struggle...for twelve years, all she could do is watch.
Her eyes lit up when she noticed me. I hadn't expected her to remember the short period that we met each other, however she clearly did.
"Hey Lucy," I said, grinning. "Good to see you alive and kicking."
"Good to see you made it back as well," she replied, beaming. "Was the journey fun?"
"I gotta say, that was pretty impressive. You've got one hell of a soul there," I admitted, laughing. Everyone looked from me to her, unable to figure out what we were discussing.
"Um...do you two know each other?" Natsu muttered, confused.
"Sure, Lucy met him when he was little...but Jack, how do you- and what are you..." Erza pointed and me, then at Lucy, completely clueless.
"Let's save that story for another time," Lucy replied, giggling. I smiled along with her.
"So, where's Nashi?" Natsu asked, changing the subject.
"She's still asleep. I'm sorry, but I don't really wanna wake her. She needs to rest after all the strain her body went through," I replied.
"That's fine. I hope she wants to see me..." Lucy said nervously.
"Why wouldn't she?" I asked back.
"Well, I've been gone for twelve years of her life...she wouldn't want a mom like that," Lucy said quietly, sighing. Natsu put his hand on her shoulder, causing her to look up.
"You know, she sat by your grave all the time," Natsu began. "She would always replace the flowers whenever they began to wilt, and even when it was extremely cold, you would find her by your side. Do you know why?"
Lucy shook her head, gazing into his eyes.
"Because she was waiting for you. I didn't have the courage to tell her how you'd died, or why, but she didn't care. She waited, because she had faith in you. And now you're finally here.  Lucy, if there's anything Nashi will want to do when she wakes up, it will be meeting you."
Tears began falling down Lucy's cheeks. She smiled up at him, then wiped her eyes.
"Then I hope I'm everything she's expecting," she said happily.