Chapter 2

Chapter 2

    I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I noticed that I still had the book in my hands so; I set in on my nightstand. I glanced at my clock; it was 6:30, so I got ready for school.

When I was finished, it was already 7:33. My mom had a stack of pancakes on the table with eggs and bacon. So I sat down and ate. I finished and it was already 7:44. I grabbed my lunch got my backpack and headed out the door.

I got to the bus stop and it was 7:49. I got on the bus and I didn’t see Allie anywhere in sight. I sat in an empty row. Maybe she didn’t want to come to school today. Why wouldn’t she tell me that earlier I mean sh-

“Hi mind if I sit next to you?” said someone that rudely interrupted my thoughts. I slowly looked up to see a tall guy with brown hair and dark blue eyes the guy was staring at me with a smile on his face. I didn’t respond because I just kept on staring at him as my heart rate accelerated.

“Hello?”

“Oh what, um? yeah, sure.”

He sat next to me. I just stared at him in amazement. How could something so good happen to me? Thank you Jesus! He looked over at me. I quickly turned my head away from him so he wouldn’t catch me staring at him.

“Sooo.” I heard him say “My names Dustin. What’s your name?”

I looked at him with his outstretched arm. I put my hand out and shook his hand “Umm my name's Natalie.”

 “Nice to meet you Natalie.”

“You to.”

We finally made it to school after a long awkward silence.

“Bye Natalie.”

I was at a loss of words.

“See you around sometime?” he said waving goodbye to me.

“Umm yeah.”

Wow! I can’t believe someone like him would talk to someone like me.

I sure hope I see him around! How come so far my day is going really wel- “Get off the bus.” I heard an angry voice say. I looked around and noticed that it was the bus driver that had said that.

I slowly exited the bus. Right before I could enter the building I heard the Queen (a.k.a Courtney) say “Why would you talk to my boyfriend on the bus.”

“He’s already taken.” I heard her posse say.

“I didn’t know he was your boyfriend.”

“Well know you do so back off. I mean really he’s not even into nerds like you.” I heard the "Queen" say as she pushed me aside so she could enter the building.

I stood there in shock. How could someone so nice like him, like someone so mean and cruel like her?

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the bell ring a notification that classes start in five minutes.

So I walked inside to go to my locker. I grabbed all my books that I would need for my first class which was Math.

After I got all my stuff, I started to walk to Math class before the bell rings so that I wouldn’t get trampled. I tripped on something purple and silky that had at least a 4 inch heel on it. At that moment I knew who it was….The Queen.

“Gross get away from me you four eyed freak.”

“OMG! Courtney she scuffed your shoe with her ugly glasses!” Tiffany said.