Chapter 18

Chapter 18

* * * * * *

“Did you just stay you like me?”

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to.”

“So you don’t like me?” He asked in a face that looked disappointed.

“I don’t just like you Dustin. I like you more than a friend.” I said very nervously.

He looked up in a shocked face. It was silent for a minute.

“I’m sorry if this ruins are friendship. It just slipped out of my mouth.”

“No. No. Natalie it’s ok because well….I like you to, more than a friend.”

“Well…I guess that’s pretty cool.” I said not knowing if that just made things awkward.

“Can we just forget everything? You know so it’s not weird for are friendship and me over reaching seeing you and Courtney kiss.”

“I guess. So we shouldn’t be more then friends?”

“No. We started as just friends and we will keep it that way.”

* * * * *

Dustin’s view

* * * * *

Just hearing those words made my heart sink. I liked her a lot more than anyone I ever have. She brings the best of me out when im with her. I felt sick hearing those words. When I think things are going well they end up being worse. I loved her so much it hurt. What did I do that made her not want to be more then just friends? Most people become boyfriend and girlfriend when they hear this stuff.

She spoke again. “Maybe we should just not hang out with each other until the dance. It might be what’s best for us.”

We were at her front door. “Wait Natalie…-

“Good bye Dustin.” She said as she opened her front door and left.

I started to walk home. My heart was aching with pain, I have never liked a girl so much before and when I thought we could be more then friends she wants to put are friendship on hold? Why does this have to happen to me? I couldn’t stand the pain in my chest I fell to the ground and did what no man ever wants to do…cry. Nobody was around so it didn’t matter. I would do anything for her. It was too late to say there and cry so I ran home. When I opened the door my mom and little sister were watching TV. I walked up to my room causally so it didn’t look like I just had a crying feast.

I got in my room and layer on my bed thinking of all the good memories we had. That just made it worse. Sophia opened my door. “What happened?”

“Natalie likes me and I like her, but she said we should take a break from are friendship.”

“Did you try calling her?”

“No.”

“Well call her!” She said as she closed the door.

I picked my phone up. I dialed her number. It went straight to voice mail. That made me cry. It felt like she was rejecting me.

My phone started ringing. Maybe she’s calling me back. I looked at who was calling, Allie. I wonder what she’s calling for.

“Hello?”

“Dustin I need to show you something.”

“Ok you want to meet at the coffee shop?”

“No im at your door.”

“What?”

“Answer your door.”