Chapter 16 part 2

Chapter 16 part 2

* * * *

I arrived there shortly and walked up to a man with his back turned and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around.

“Dustin?”

“Hi.”

“Sense when did you work here?”

“Sense today.”

“Umm can I pick up my subscription?” I asked.

“Sure, I will be right back.” He said as he walked to the back room.

He came back with my contacts. “Listen Natalie. What Courtney told you was a lie.”

“Courtney told me she wasn’t lying. So why are you telling me she did?”

“Because she did.”

“So if Courtney purposively told me a lie…what’s your side of the story?”

“It was my birthday and Courtney told me to close my eyes because she had a present for me. She asked so I did. Then she kissed me and that’s when you came and saw.”

“Why didn’t you pull away?”

“I tried.”

“It didn’t look like you did.”

“I did I swear.”

“I feel like I can’t trust anyone with my heart.”

“Why would I lie to you?” He asked.

“To make me jealous so I would never leave you because I would never want to lose someone every girl wants.”

“I like you why would I do that to you?”

“Well Courtney said th-

“Why do you listen to Courtney she is a liar that goes around destroying everyone.”

“Courtney’s not a bad person. She changed and I feel bad for her because you just bully her.”

“Me bullying her? Nat she bullied you why do you trust her?”

“You can’t call me Nat because you’re not my friend you’re just a big jerk that goes around breaking people’s hearts.” I said as I ran out of the store crying.

I ran all the way home and ran to my room. Nobody cares about my feelings. Not my friends and not my parents the only person I can trust is myself.

Laying in my bed I made my mind that I didn’t want to go to the Freshman Dance it’s just stupid and pointless. After everything me and Dustin have done he does this to me. How could he do this?

Part of my brain was on Dustin’s side saying that it’s not Dustin’s fault it was all Courtney. The other part was saying Courtney to nice to do that its all Dustin’s fault. I couldn’t decide what part was correct so I just laid there and cried for hours. Finally, I decided to call Allie. School was already out so she could come here.

“Natalie where did you go you were here for school half the day?”

“Can you come over?”

“Sure. Wh-

I hung up because I wasn’t in the mood to explain.

Ding, Dong.

I walked downstairs with my running makeup and soaked clothes. I opened the door and started to walk up to my bedroom as Allie closed her umbrella, closed the door, and ran up behind me. We got to my room and I lay on my bed and continued to cry, but not as intensely as last time.

“When you’re ready to talk. I will be downstairs.” Allie said as she left my room.

I continued to cry for about 30 minutes. Until I decided that I needed my emotional therapist which was Allie.

When I got downstairs Allie was decorating a chocolate cake. I tried to put a smile on my face, but it didn’t last.

She looked at me while I was on the stairs staring at the cake. Darn now im going to be happy because she baked me a cake. I walked to were she was “Ready to talk?” She asked.

I nodded my head.

We walked to my bedroom with the cake and ice cream. She set the cake and ice cream on my desk. “What’s your problem?” she asked as she sat on a chair.

I was silent for a while. “I saw Courtney and Dustin kissing.” I said as I tried to hold back the tears.

She knew I liked Dustin so I think she knew how bad I was feeling.

“What was there reason?”

“Courtney said that Dustin attacked her and Dustin said that Courtney told him to close his eyes and he did and Courtney kissed him and he tried to pull away.”

“Its Dustin’s birthday today?”

I was silent as I thought it through. “I guess I didn’t remember that. Oh no it’s my entire fault I never wished him a happy birthday.” I started crying again. “I’m a bad person.”

“You only forgot to wish him a happy birthday it’s not like you just killed his unicorn.”

“Really Allie? Unicorn?”

“I’m just saying. By the way I don’t think it was Dustin’s fault.”

“Why?”

“Well I have talked to him in away like I was your father. You know like hearing his plans. What I got out of that talk was that Dustin’s a good person and he would never do anything like that to you. He is not that kind of person. If I were you I would be more upset that I didn’t believe him.”

“Your right…I’m a terrible friend.”

“Besides you were never dating so why would you be mad if he was with another girl.”

I can’t believe I never thought of it that way. Allie was right. “I need to talk to him.” I said while looking for my phone.

Ding, Dong. I got up and answered the door.

Allies view

* * * *

As she was gone I decided to search her room. I came across something I would have never imagined she would have. I decided to take it and look at what she has been up to. So I shoved it in my purse. Then I when downstairs to see who was at the door.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

* * * *

Cliff hanger!  I will upload later tonight or tomorrow. Until then here are some things to think about. What did Allie take? Who was at the door?

Remember to Vote, Comment, and Share.