Chapter 6

Chapter 6

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP

I jumped out of bed. Took a shower, got dressed, dried my hair, brushed my teeth, put my hair up in a ponytail, and put my glasses on.

What would I look like if I put on makeup and plucked my eyebrows like all the other girls? Wait why do I care? Allie wears makeup and plucks her eyebrow and she does look really pretty because of that. No. I am me im not able to do that stuff I don’t know how to put on makeup or pluck my eyebrows. So why should I care?

You know what why not just write this down in my diary. It probably won’t come true but heck if it did that thing would be like a magic diary and I would believe it.

I walked over to my nightstand and pulled the diary out of the drawer. Then, I walked to my desk and sat down. I grabbed a pen and opened the diary.

“Ok. I swear if this comes true I will believe that you’re magic.” I said talking to the diary.

Im not pretty like the other girls at school. I don’t wear makeup, pluck my eyebrows, wear pretty clothes, and I don’t have really white teeth. Not like it matters, but Allie says that its fun to put on makeup and feel pretty. Never have I felt like that. People call me ugly, dorky, and some really explicit stuff for no reason. All I want is to have that feeling. That what I wish for.

I glanced over at the clock. I still have time. Closing the diary, I felt like this really is a magic diary…but that’s just nonsense.

Walking downstairs I was thinking…You know what maybe I should just get a makeover just for me not for anyone else just so I can feel pretty and good about myself. Then I grabbed cereal out of the pantry and poured it in a bowl and put milk in it to.

After, I did that I walked over to the couch and turned the TV on while eating my cereal.

I finished just in time to leave for school. So I got my stuff together and locked the door behind me. Good thing I woke up early this morning because I really didn’t feel like running to make it to the school bus.

After about 5mins I got to the school bus and took a seat next to Allie.

“Hello.”

Allie looked over to me and just smiled really big. She kept staring at me until we got to school. That was an awkward ride to school.

I saw Con and the other people that work for the school newspaper selling the school news. Walking over I really wanted to know what was going on in school that maybe I wasn’t aware about.

“Ill take one please.” I said handing Con 20 cents.

The front page news was about how and why Courtney and Dustin broke up.

I looked around to see if Dustin was around I saw him sitting on a bench by himself and he looked sad. Im going to go talk to him.

Walking over to him I started to think he might just want to be by himself. “He needs someone for him,” I told myself.

“Hi can I sit next to you?” I asked

“Sure.” Dustin said not lifting his head.

“Are you ok?” I asked.

There was a moment of silents until he finally lifted his head and said “Do I know you?”

That made my heart sink.

“Ya we are partners in science and we talked on the bus before. It’s ok if you don’t remember me…nobody ever does.”

He looked at me slowly and stared at me for a while until he said “Natalie? “