Chapter 1

Skylar's P.O.V.

"Sky, now's the time to go back to Duel Academy. You've been great help, but now it's time to go back to school." my father, Seto Kaiba told me.

My name is Skylar Serenity Kaiba. I am 16 years old and a second-year Obelisk Blue student at Duel Academy. 

I have brown/black hair that stops till my waist, hazel/blue eyes, and pale skin. During my free time, I like to listen to music, read, take pictures, and sing. 

I am the daughter of Seto Kaiba, the second top duelist in the world after Yugi Mutou. My mother died when I was 5 from an illness. 

My father was deeply saddened by her death, but had no problem raising me. With the help of my Uncle Mokuba, it wasn't tough to raise me.

"But, dad. What about you? I can't leave you here by yourself. Not after what happened to mom." I told him. 

He put his hands on my shoulders and looked at me. 

"I made your mother a promise before she passed. I promised her that our babygirl will be successful at Duel Academy and follow her dream of becoming someone unique." he explained to me. I

 sighed before nodding my head.

"Okay, Dad. I'll go."

My father pulled me into his warm arms, hugging me. I hugged him back as I closed my eyes. 

"We will see each other again, my beautiful daughter. I promise I will come and see you at graduation." he said. 

I smiled and nodded before we pulled away. 

"You've still got your three dragons and Egyptian gods Yugi and I gave you?" he asked. 

"I never let them go." I told him as I pulled out all three Blue Eyes White Dragons and Egyptian gods. 

"Since I have retired from dueling, now, the three dragons will be passed on from this generation to the next." he told me.

I smiled and nodded before he gave my forehead a kiss. 

"Now. Let's take you back to Duel Academy." he told me. 

"But, you can say bye to Yugi and the others before you leave." he told me.

 Yugi Mutou was my godfather. My father told me that when I was born, Yugi was the one who I had wrapped around my finger more than anyone else. 

I had captured the hearts of my uncles; Joey and Tristan, aunts; Serenity and Mai, and godmother; Tea. 

Oh yeah, Tea and Yugi married a few months before I was born, BTW.

We got outside of KaibaCorp, where I saw my godparents and their friends talking.

 "Hey!" I called out. 

Their heads turned to me as I ran happily to them. 

"Skylar." Yugi said as I ran into his and Tea's arms. 

 "So, you're really going back?" she asked me. 

"Yes. I have to. But, I'll come back in the summer." I told her. 

She smiled before I was hugged by Serenity and Tristan. 

"We will miss you, squirt. Let us know about anything big that happens." Tristan told me. 

"He's right, sweetie. We will miss you." Serenity told me as she kissed my head.

I then went to Mai and Joey. Joey engulfed me in a really tight hug. "I'm gonna miss ya, Sky." he said as he had tears coming down his face. 

"Aww. My Joey always playing the tough guy." Mai said as she patted his shoulder. 

"Well, I just don't want her to go, Mai." Joey sobbed. 

"Oh, Joey. Let her follow her dream and let me hug her." Mai said before I pulled away from Joey and hugged her. 

"Be a good girl, Skylar. Feel free to call or video chat anytime." she told me. 

"Okay." I replied.

Then, I heard the sound of a helicopter. I turned and saw my father there. 

"You ready?" he asked. I smiled and nodded. 

I turned to look at the others. 

"See you soon, everybody. I love you all." I said before I walked off into the helicopter and we were off to Duel Academy. 

My dad turned to me. "Your mother would have been proud of you, Sky." I nodded my head. 

"I miss her so much."

"I know. Me too." he said as he took my hand in his and held it. 

I put on my earplugs and let myself drift off to sleep. 

'Duel Academy, here I come.' I thought to myself.