Chapter 10

Skylar's P.O.V.

A couple of days had passed, three to be exact.

I haven't really talked to Jesse or Chazz lately.

Everyone's been trying to comfort me in their own ways.

Jaden, Bastion, Syrus, Zane, and the other guys with duels, and Alexis, Jasmine, and Mindy with shopping.

Some of it has helped me, but not completely.

The only ones who would successfully make me okay were the spirits of my monsters.

I was currently in my room, just sitting in front of my mirror.

I gently touched the Millennium necklace I had around my neck and the bracelet Jesse got me that was clasped onto my wrist.

It was then my Millennium necklace glowed. I closed my eyes and found myself in the same place of darkness I was once in before.

"Man, I don't know what's worse. Me having a complicated life ever since Jesse and Chazz or being transported into a dark realm." I said.

"Skylar."

I turned and saw the same woman that has been somehow terrorizing me.

I clenched my fists before glaring at her.

"What do you want?" I asked her.

"Well, my dear Skylar, it's a shame that you no longer remember me, considering I'm a Yami." she said.

"I told you a million times! I don't know who you are!" I yelled.

"Well, I'm gonna make you know who I am." she said before placing her hands on my head and I felt an agonizing pain in my head before I closed my eyes.

*Flashback*

I was in my room that I had as a child. A small twin bed with curtains around it. A dresser with my favorite books on it, and a lamp of horses running. I also had a T.V there that had a picture of me and my parents.

I walked to it and picked it up. I felt tears running down my cheeks.

"Mommy." I whispered as I touched the spot where her face was.

It was then I heard footsteps running before the door opened.

A little girl with the same hair color and eyes as me ran in happily.

I realized this was me when I was smaller.

The little me set her backpack down before she set herself down on the bed. She didn't even notice me.
Oh yeah, maybe because I was placed in a somehow forgotten memory.

"Carmen! Carmen!" she called out.

Just then, the same woman I had seen appeared before my smaller self as a spirit and knelt down in front of her.

"What is it, Skylar? My precious child?" she asked sweetly.

"Look! I got an A on my Vocabulary test!" my smaller self exclaimed happily as she held the test.

The lady smiled and placed her hand on my smaller self's cheek.

"Good job, Sky. I am so proud of you." she said as she embraced her.

"Do you love me?" the little girl asked.

"Of course I do. I have ever since you were born and I will always protect you." the lady known as Carmen said before taking my smaller self's hand in her's.

*End of Flashback*

I fell to the ground, holding my head as memories of her and I ran right through me.

When it was finished, I gasped and looked at her.

She was still the same. I could see the hurt, anger, and sorrow in her eyes as a tear fell down her cheek.

I, on the other hand felt my cheeks being taken over by tears.

I slowly got up as my dark blue eyes looked deep into her bloody red ones.

"Carmen?" I asked.

"Oh, Skylar. Now, you remember who I am. Well, too bad. Because you belong to me now." she said before she put her hands on me and the last thing I saw was pure darkness.

Third Person P.O.V.

The young girl woke up with a gasp. She looked and saw she was in her room. She then slowly got up and looked at her mirror.

She still looked the same, but her eyes were proof. Proof that Skylar was no longer there.

Her eyes were now lifeless just like how Alexis's were when she dueled Jaden while in the Society of Light.

Carmen took possession of the girl, but she planned everything.

If she was gonna let Skylar somehow be herself, she would control her to turn her against her own friends.

She would get revenge on Jesse and Chazz for making her life complicated and for causing her pain and mixed feelings.

"Now no one can stop me." the girl said before laughing darkly and evily.

She got out her deck before she set up her duel disk and inserted her deck in it.

"With these Spellcasters, Dragons, and Warriors, I will be unstoppable." she said with a smirk.

The now possessed Skylar got a new look not only to change herself, but to also show everyone that there was defiantly something to worry about.

She then donned a uniform similar to the usual girl's Duel Academy uniform, but dark green with light green lining. She got a pair of arm-length gloves that were black with green on then and dark green boots.

With this new look and attitude....... nobody could defeat Skylar.