Chapter 6 - Maybe I'm wrong

Dear diary,
Last night wasn't as bad as I thought...
We talked and got our extra piece done. We haven't done everything because there's just under three weeks left but he wasn't like how he was at school. And his mum brought us up the most amazing brownies. maybe I got him wrong. But that's a serious maybe.
See ya, Roselyn xox

"Roselyn!" Calls Jenna and Selena. I roll my eyes jokingly at them. I know what's coming.
"How was the date?" exclaims Selena. What is the girl on about now? I bet she had cake for breakfast again haha.
I laugh, "Selena, what date?"
"With Will!" She says excitedly
"You guys! That was just for project and I didn't ask to be paired with him.. I hate that guy" I say with humour in my voice but I'm not sure I can fully mean that anymore... Something I would never admit to Jenna or Selena. I'd never live it down. But it's not like I actually like him! Ha, no, I just don't hate him so much anymore.
"Erm.. Roselyn?" I hear someone behind me and turn away from my chattering best mates. Will.
"hi, you want something?" I ask, a bit  ruder than I needed to.
"Only if you know what work we still need to do. We only have two weeks left..." He says, taking my attitude towards him a bit better now. He sounds nervous. He never sounds nervous... He's normally confident; too confident for his own good.
"Well we still have a comparative essay to write together and a poem we need to both do individually," I reply acting as if it's totally normal for a guy like him and girl like me to be talking like.. Like.. Friends?
"My mums out tomorrow tonight but you can come round if you like" he says, slightly more smooth than before.
I don't mean to show a change of attitude towards him but I do... "Sure, ok" I say with a smile.
He slides his hands into his pockets and strolls away leaving me staring at the floor.
What was that?