End of Year Dance Show

"It's time for my end of year dance show, we are just waiting for all of our guests to take their seats and get settled before we start. I am so nervous." I say to my camera, I decided to vlog this as I haven't uploaded a video on YouTube in a while. I have a quick peak out the stage curtains to see where my mum and brother are sitting and a few seconds later I spot them in the front row and next to them is Harry. I didn't think he would come, I forgot that I invited him. "So I am super super nervous now, Harry is in the audience and I didn't think he would come after everything." I say and shut my camera off, I'll probably just delete that clip because I haven't talked about what happened between me and him, and I don't think I will. As much as I love sharing everything with my YouTube family, this is just too personal and I don't even know what's going on myself.

"Lily you left the curtain open." I hear Ana whisper and I close the curtains before joining her behind stage and the others. We are all dressed in purple outfits, representing the colour of the university mascot. "We start in three." Melissa says, she was our dance teacher. I nod and take my place in the middle of the stage and I sit down and await for the curtains to open and the song to begin.

I take a few deep breaths to calm my nerves and I promise myself that I won't look at him or at least not intentionally. I have to focus on the dance and my solo piece which is about to start, seconds from now. I watch Melissa's fingers holding up three to none and the curtains open, as soon as the spotlight hits me, the audience start clapping and then the music turns on.

I move my eyes from facing the floor to face those around me, I extend my arms and cross my legs and starts to sway slowly at first and as soon as the music gets faster so do I. I continue to follow every step of the routine and then it comes to my solo with my dance partner John. The spotlight is still on me and I start to run towards John and he picks me up in the air and we dance, dance like no one is watching.

Everything is going smoothly until he places me back on the floor and I look at the audience and I see him looking at me with puffy, red eyes making me lose my balance and I fall. I fall off of the stage.

I hate asking, but please vote and comment x