Chapter 15:It's You

Camila's POV:

It had been a long day for us all. Through all these hardships and drama, I only had one question. Why did Ally Undo the cloning spell on Lauren? When we first got to this place, Ally told me Lauren didn't have to know about the possible outcome of the cloning. I did not tell Lauren about it, ever. She was not able to read my Mind since I was now a Sustay, so I had no idea how, if it was even possible, for her to find out. I walked out of the dark and empty bedroom after Ally Went back to bed.

"Lauren?" I had not seen her for over an hour. I had not heard her smooth voice speak to me. "Lauren?" I repeated. No answer. I began to panic. I went door by door. She was not in the house. Tears started to fill my eyes as I began to play scenarios of what she was about to do. "Lauren!" I screamed. My voice cracked in the end but I did not care.

"Camila?," I heard a voice behind me. I turned around to look for the source to find my girlfriend standing in the doorway. "Lauren" I whispered. I used me speed and rushed to her side. I held her tightly and it was until the. That I realized how cold her leather jacket was. She had been outside. Tears came running back.

"Shhh it ok baby, I'm here," Lauren began to run circles on my back as she kissed the top of my head. Two minutes ago, I had felt as if my world began to crash down. I thought she had left me.

"Camz? Did you really think I would leave you without saying goodbye?" Lauren broke the silence and I felt every ounce of oxygen leave my body. I didn't respond.
"Let's go back to the room.. I have something to tell you," I nodded and Lauren took her hand in mine. She stepped in the house, locked the door behind her, and turned back to me and gave me a sad smile. "Come here Camz," she told me. I approached her, and she lifted me off my feet. I laughed, and she kissed me, still in her arms. She used her vampire speed and lead us back to bed. She carried me to the bed and dropped me there. Turning around, she locked the door and flipped the bedside lamp on. She took off her jacket and tossed it to the floor, followed by her shoes. She walked to the bed and snuggled next to me.

"Okay, you ready?" Lauren Asked and I looked up to her and nodded. She let out a deep sigh and cleared her throat. "This morning, I figured out that I was linked to my clone. I figured out that when the time came, you'd have to kill it and I would die. But then what? Who would protect you after that? Well, the answer to that is Andrew. I know he'll protect you, but I don't want him to,"

"Lauren.. You don-"

"Shh, please, just-just listen,"
She closed her eyes for a brief second before she continued. " when I saved you from the guys that tried to rape you, that night I told you I would protect you. That night I fell in love with you, without even knowing you Camz. I was so stupid to be scared of my fate when the Sustays found out about you. I cried, because I didn't want to die. I cried but it's not until now that I realize I wasn't crying about me dying, I was crying because I would never see you again.I was so fucking foolish to realize that you're the answer to this. It's you Camila. It's you. You're the reason why I am learning to love. You are the only reason why I'm holding on to any hope we go here. We are a team, and I love you so, so much. Because of this, I promise you that I will fight against every single one of them. I promise you that every inch of my fiver will fight against anyone who even tried to lay a finger on you. This morning, I have to be honest with you. My plan was for Ally to reverse the spell , and after that I would just drive up to the Sustay mansion and turn myself in. I planed that I would offer them my life and in return, they would leave you out of their clan. But then I thought about it. If I was going to follow that plan, it would mean leave without saying goodbye to you. Leave without kissing you one last time. I would have to leave, and not hear the voice I'm in love with forever. Hell,I am not ready to let go of your beautiful chocolate brown eyes. I will never be ready, Camila. I chose to stay, because If I die, I want to die knowing that I at least tried to save the girl I am crazy in love with. You are my person. You always will be, Camila Cabello," Lauren ended her speech, and just like that, my eyes started filling with tear. I felt her hold me tight, and I knew I was not ready to let her go. I knew that Lauren would never leave me. She leaned in and kissed me, slowly and tenderly.