New People

( Still in Destiny's POV )

~ LA ~

We landed & went to a Starbucks where step-dad & step-sissy were gonna meet us at. Once we got there, we got some coffee & waited about 5 minutes & they were there.

"Hey baby." the man said as he embraced Mom.

"You're acting like you didn't see her yesterday, Pops." the teenaged girl who I'm guessing was his daughter said. "Hey...sis? I'm Alyse." She was brown skinned, thick fasssum, had hair that was about 1-2 inches past her shoulders. She was pretty!

"Hey, I'm Destiny."

"Cool if I show you around today?"

"Most definitely."

"We gotta get to the mall asap. Before the ratchets get there."

I laughed. "Girl, I'm the pure definition of a ratchet."

She giggled. "Ratchet is the way! But when the real ratchets show up, then the paparazzi comes."

"Oh. Kk."

"Is that Caramel Frap?"

"Yaaaas. My fave."

"Mine too! But I'll just get one at home."

"Huh?"

"The chef makes anything we desire, girl."

"That's what's up."

"Des, you aren't gonna introduce yourself to your step-dad?" Mom chimed in.

"Mom."

"Des."

I walked in front of the guy. "Hi. I'm obviously Destiny. Nice meeting you. Wish I could've been at the wedding. Treat her right!"

He chuckled. "Nice to meet you, too. & call me Pops, if you're comfortable with it."

"Yeah, it's fine."

"I see you & Lessey hit it off, huh?" he asked.

"Yeah, your daughter is mad cool."

"Aww thanks." Alyse said.

"Welp. Let's get home." Mom said.

Pops got some of my bags & we went to the truck where the personal driver was waiting on us. Oh my gosh, they're living it up!

We got in the truck & went to the house.

- House -

When we got there, I was stunned. They lived in a huge house in Hollywood Hills. I'm positive we have celeb neighbors. Two housekeepers got my bags & took them to my room. Mom & Pops went into the family room.

"You like?" Alyse said, referring to the house.

"Love."

"Good. What you gonna do now?"

"Shower then we can head to the mall, I guess. But I only have about $45 to my name."

"That's fine, it's on me anyways."

"You sure?"

"Positive. I have my own credit card."

"Lucky! But okay where's a bathroom?"

"Well yours is connected to your room."

"My own bathroom?"

She laughed. "Yeaaaah. Now hurry."

"I love you already! Lol, okay, be right back."

I went & found my room, got out what I was gonna wear then took a quick, yet relaxing, hot shower. I brushed my teeth then got dressed in high-waisted shorts, a oversized tie-dye tee that a tucked in a little & blue Vans. I also put on a gold chain & put my hair into a big bun at the top of my head. Nice & simple.