Chapter one

Kevin's POV

 I was walking to the robotics room after school got out, the hallways were busy with students wanting to get home. I was so focused on getting to the room, I didn't notice him standing in front of me. When we collided I was thrown to the ground and my project smashed into pieces across the hall where it had landed. It seemed that I couldn't get to the robotics room fast enough.

When I looked up I saw his blue eyes, looking back at me, but not the way anyone would hope. These eyes I had came to know, it was Edd.

"Watch it, Nerd!" he yelled at me, his voice cold like a winter's day.

"I am sorry," I stutter out looking back down, across the hall to my project. Our tournament was this weekend which would give me two days to repair my project. That is going to be difficult, I currently have a shit ton of homework I have to do in the span of two days. There goes my curfew. 

As the boy standing above me turned on his heels and walked away he briefly looked over his shoulder and he looked at me for a brief second. Then disappearing around the corner.

I sat there.. Knowing what happened but still processing my project, that I had worked hours upon hours on, was now destroyed.

When I finally stood up I didn't bother collecting my project, it was useless now.

"Where is your project, Kevin?" Mr. Carpenter asked as I entered the robotics room.

I didn't make eye contact with him, instead I studied my shoes, "I accidently ran into someone in the hall and it got ruined."

"Kevin, we were depending on you to win the title for the school! Not just the school, but the whole district!" Mr. Carpenter yelled at me frustrated.

I sighed, "I am sorry sir. I will work extra hard on this." I would, but I didn't know the rate of how sincere I was.

Edd's POV

I ended up rushing to swim practice because of Ed and Eddy's stupid scam. We currently planned on selling the swimming tournament tickets. Guess who had to make those stupid tickets? That's right me!

Looking around the hallway daring anyone to look me in the eye, I ended up crashing into Kevin, creating a loud crash. The poor kid looked terrified of me. It's not like I'm the devil or something, jeez. People started to stare at us.

"Watch it, nerd," I said in a harsh tone like always, I had been labeled the bad boy so I couldn't disappoint.

He looked shaken up and stuttered in reply, "I am sorry."

I looked at him for a few more seconds. Turned on my heels seeing his demolished project and looked over my shoulder, looking into his eyes- beautiful green like a meadow in the spring. I had to get going, I rounded the corner. The pool doors just a few feet away, but my head in the hall behind me, on the boy that I have been picking on for years.