Chapter eighteen

KEVIN'S POV

When I awoke I was laying in a dark room and something warm was cuddling me. When I felt their chest rise and fall I realized it was a person and everything that had just happened came rushing back to me. I freaked out and pushed myself out of their arms and bed.

Their eyes just stared at me, not those scary vulture eyes but those eyes that I have grown accustomed to seeing. Edd. My Edd.

I didn't say anything and he didn't either and I am thankful for that because if he did I would be a mess.

He opened his arms to me and I jumped onto him hugging him. I buried my head into his chest and I started to cry.

He rubbed my back soothing me, leaving us in silence after a while after my cries and breathing had gone down.

"What happened?" I asked.

He took a minute to answer and I focused on his breathing as a distraction from my nerves.. hoping that what I think happened was just a bad dream.

"Two punks from Lakeside decided to try to mess with the wrong guy, so I beat them up in return."

I had a million questions but none could break open the gates.

"You were in and out of unconsciousness afterward, I called your parents they are both canceled their work for tomorrow to spend it with you but I asked them if I could spend the night with you here."

It was a lot to take in but the biggest thing that I took away from that was that- yes, I was in my own room.

"Wh-what happened to them?" I asked meaning what happened to the two guys.

"After I got a few good punches in I got you away from there. They are probably at home crying to their dad's bank accounts that they pissed their polyester pants."

I couldn't help but smile at that, he knew I would too because he was smiling down at me.

"Get some sleep, pumpkin."

I nod and lay back down on his chest and closed my eyes.

I can hear the rain beating down on the roof and his breathing together is in a calming rhythm to me.

"I love you," he whispers quietly as he gently brushes some hair out of my face.

I can feel my face burn up and I am thankful he can't see it because of how I'm laying and I whisper, "you too," in return.

He kisses my head as I drift off to sleep.
This time though, It isn't a blackness that I see. It is a peaceful happy dream that makes my hear flutter at the thought of it, all because of him being here with me.

~*~*~*~

EDD'S POV

I was very pleased with how the swim-meet went. We placed first in every competition. As a treat, I promised, I would take the team out for pizza.

"How's the boyfriend?" Rave asks me smirking as we walk back to our table from getting our drinks refilled.

I smile, "he is well. He messaged me earlier saying that our school won the tournament."

"That's great!" Rave yelled happily as I sat down.

"Hey guys?" Rave said catching all the members attention.

"Did you know that our coach is a homo? He has a nerdy boyfriend and it's so cute to see him talk about him!"

The team all smile and start to tease me, to my tournament.

"What did I ever do to you?" I mouth to Rave and he just smiles at me like he is innocent.

I glare at him. However it is a relief to know that my swim team accepts me, about a quarter of them admitted that they are intact gay/bi/pan/asexual at the same time, so it was kind of a bonding moment.

As the night went on I started to get a bad feeling because I still hadn't heard from Kevin since way earlier in the day at about three when he told me the good news.

After dropping the last kid off at his house in the minivan that I borrowed from the real coach since he was totally hammered, like usual.

"Hey Pumpkin,
Sorry I am calling again. I'm just worried, I haven't heard from you in a while.. Call me back, please. Okay well... um, I love you. Bye," I say into my cellphone when I get his voicemail again.

I decided that I should drop by the school to see if by any chance he was still there.
I was surprised to see that Kevin was indeed still at school because his little black Honda was still sitting in the parking lot and there was an truck not that far from it too..

I parked the car heading over to where he was parked and when I got out of the van I heard chuckling. I began to jog to where it was coming from, my nerves making me nervous.

I was horrified to find my worst thoughts become reality as I saw two boys around the slim scrawny figure laying on the ground.
I ran faster than I knew I could go and tackled one, the buffer one and by some miracle I was able to over power him by myself while his friend started to punch and pull my hair like a little B.
I punched him square in the nose when I turned around.

When they were both too distracted by being bent over in pain, I carefully scooped up my boyfriend and sat him in the van's passenger seat. I checked to make sure he was breathing, he was. I pulled out his phone and called his folks, I did my best not to alarm them- but they were still concerned and insisted that I bring him home. I said yes but on one condition, that I get to stay with him.

I don't think that Kevin had told them that we were together, hell I don't even know if he is gay- but me being selfish in the moment .. I needed to be with him and I didn't care what the aftermath was like.

After I got him home, his parents had me pay him in his room where his dad looked over his wounds and said that he should be okay, just needed some more sleep and medicine when he woke up.

Thankfully they left a while later and I was able to just hold him close to me, I was- am scared that I might lose him. He is the single most thing I hold dear in this world and if I lost him...

I brushed hair out of his face and softly rubbed his back as he slept.

When he woke up around one, he began to freak out but after a moment of processing he calmed down.

I invited him back into my arms and he excepted, crying onto my chest, and I explained what happened to him, he cried more, and I made a stupid ass joke to try to make him happier- it worked.

After only a brief moment of seeing his happiness again, I told him he needed rest, thankfully he listened.

When he was asleep I whispered I loved him and to my surprise he wasn't asleep. In fact he relied he loved me too.

I smiled and kissed his head and closed my own eyes.

There was a lot to do tomorrow. His parents wanted to do certain things and if he wanted me to come with- let's put it this way; if he asked me to I would walk through hell for him.

A/N:

While writing this chapter, I don't know quite why, but I kept thinking of this quote ("she was his queen and god help anyone who dared disrespect his queen

While writing this chapter, I don't know quite why, but I kept thinking of this quote ("she was his queen and god help anyone who dared disrespect his queen.") from Suicide Squad.
Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter and are having a wonderful morning/day/night!