Chapter Four

Kevin's POV

Last night was just so.. I can't even describe it.

[Kevin recalling what happened last night]

Edd came over to my house.
He wasn't his usual butt face self, picking on me and pushing me around. He cared about me, even if it was only for one night, I won't forget it. He had gotten me medicine. He had held me in his arms until I feel asleep. When I woke up a few hours later I felt a lot better than I did earlier. I noticed that Edd was still holding me in his arms and was softly snoring.

I stayed in his arms for a little longer not wanting to
a) get up
b) wake him
c) leave because I was truly comfortable like this

But I did a few minutes later because
a) my bladder
b) my bladder
c) my bladder

After using the restroom I decided I should start on redoing my project.
I followed each step I had written down.
Piecing one part to another,
Wiring the wires to the circuits,
And about two hours later,
It still didn't work.

I was beyond frustrated.
Why won't it work now?!

I sat in my desk chair and placed my head in my hands.

Knock, knock I heard on my door.
"Need any help?" His voice was rough due to, I assume, just waking up.

I sigh and nod, "Yeah, that would be nice."

He stands beside me looking at my project. I find myself looking at him, Edd bites his lip when he thinks and I think it makes him look pardon my wording- sexy.
After thinking this to myself I ended up blushing, I probably looked like a tomato.

I am torn into reality when Edd grabs my project.

"I knew that Edd could only manage to be kind to me for so long, even if he was cute!...
Kevin, focus!" I mentally yell at myself.

"Your problem is this right here," Edd states while disconnecting the two wires in the area and replugging them in making the project work.

I smile in total disbelief, shock, and awe.
Edd, my bully- the school bad boy, just fixed my robotics project.

He bites his the corner of his lip looking at me, waiting for a reaction.

"Thank you," I say looking at my feet. Then I realize that is super lame I try again. "Thank you Edd. It means a lot that you took time out of your day to come help me do this stupid project," only this time as I spoke I slowly builder the confidence to look up at Edd.

He was smirking looking at me.
My face goes red, get again.

"You are cute when you do that."

Wait did Edd just- Noway.. I must have heard him wrong. Edd was a jerk to me, why would he think I am cute. I definitely heard him wrong!

Even with these thoughts, I had to ask, "W-What?"

His smirk grows more and he leans in, his lips so close to my ear- I could almost feel his lips on them- and he whispers, "You are cute when you do that."

I can't control my blushing, but right now I wish so badly I could. All the heat possible in the world is currently located in my cheeks.

Edd pulls away still smirking. He starts to leave but before he shuts my bedroom door he turns to me and says, "Goodnight, Pumpkin." He even winks at me.

He winks at me!
Oh my gosh!
What even is life?!
How come I have never experienced this before!
I feel so giddy!
Oh my gosh!

When I try to go to sleep that night all I could think about was Edd, what he had said, and his winking.
Edd was all I could think about.

Last night was just so... I can't even describe it.

I just hope, that whatever had happened last night would appear today at school.