Chapter Ten

Kevin's POV

After Edd's soft eyes leave mine, his demeanor changes to hard as a rock.

I didn't understand what was about to happen.
I wasn't used to having someone stand up for me.. For ... Us..

The words "us" is like a foreign language to me. I am not accustomed to being with people, well Nat doesn't count he is my best (and only) friend.. Well till Edd came around.

Edd's fist flies through the air snatching away my train of thought.

I watch frozen and mute as his fist connects with the cheek of the leader's face.

His face, as if in slow motion, moves with Edd's fist guiding it. He falls back but his one friend caught him.

He glares at Kevin, his mouth moving, but I can't hear what he is saying because I am  pushed harshly onto the ground. I feel my head hit the floor.

What just happened?

My head feels like it weighs a thousand pounds. My eyes heavy, all I want to do is sleep.

"Kevin? Pumpkin? Don't go to sleep Pumpkin, you can be seriously hurt! Kevin you better be listening to me. " Edd starts to panic a little, and you would only see this if you knew him. 

He's such a sweetheart, I can't believe he would stick up for me like that! Nobody ever has! It's always,  'Nerd! Do my homework.' 'Redhead give me your lunch money, I forgot mine.' 

Just knowing that someone was willing to help and protect me made me feel better. 

"Edd?" I ask trying to get his attention, but unfortunately, it didn't seem to work.  

"Edd?" I try one more time knowing he will hear me this time.

Getting him to look at me, I give him a look that says get me to the nurse, silly.

"Oh that's right, sorry shorty. Let's get you to the nurse." Caringly he picks me up bridal style and I blush knowing that all the rumors are going to explode at school.

I can't have that happen. He has a reputation still. Remember? 

"Edd, why did you do that?" I ask curious, because like I said before, no one has done this for me ever.

" We are a couple babe, and what happens to you, happens to me. If you can't deal with it, come to me I will. Everybody knows I won't take their crap. Which brings up the question, why don't you stand up for yourself cutie?" That questions hard to answer yet easy at the same time. 

"Well, I am not physically strong, mentally yes physically no. So when giants come and pick on me it's really hard to do anything really. Tall, buff people like that are really intimidating too, so that's another difficult thing  for me. You know?"

"I can understand that a little bit, but for now on come to me when you need help okay?"

This is amazing. I can't believe Edd actually is willing to put up with all of my baggage. 

"Okay, Edd. Thank you." I say cuddling into his chest trying to get comfortable on the way to the nurse. 

A/N: We would just like to apologize guys and girls, we haven't been updating very frequently. There is no excuse really, we just have been busy working on the new story. Yes none of it is actually published, but maybe we will when we are halfway done with it. Please have a nice day/ night. 

- love us <3