Chapter fifteen

A\N: ^Dat A$$ though... XD lol, hope you guys enjoy this chapter. We are going to cut to what Edd is up to and the next will go back to Kevin.
-Us

EDD'S POV

The final swim meet of the season just happened to coincide in dates with the nerd convention that Kev was involved in, meaning I would have to chose between them.
I honestly couldn't give a shit about missing the last meet, God knows our coach doesn't even care to show up at one at all.

However when I talked to Kevin about it, he threw a hissy fit.

"What time is your competition?" I ask as he makes us breakfast.

"Well it depends on when we start and how far we go. Why?"

I think about lying to him but decide against it, "my swim meet is today and I want to make it to your competition."

"Doesn't that run all day?" He asks turning to me with a frown.

"Yeah...."

"So how would you make it to my competition?" He asks genuinely confused.

"Well.. I am pondering the idea of just not going to mine."

His eyes widen and I could tell the second his demeanor changed I was going to get an ear full.

"Oh no you are not!" He starts, I know I am supposed to be annoyed or upset about him yelling at me.. but he is so cute when is mad.

"Listen here, Mr. I'msocoolthatIcanskipout you are going to that swim meet. You  are going to win all of those races and you are going to make your team proud."

I smile.

"What's so funny?!" He yells frustrated I don't appear to be taking him seriously.

"Nothing," I reply pulling him onto my lap and kissing his nose.

"Did you even listen to me?" He asks frowning.

I nod, "of course I did Pumpkin."

He nods and I lean my forehead against his.

"I love you," he whispers.

So now I stand in front of a school building miles and miles away from my pumpkin.

"Are you nervous coach?" One of the freshman ask me.

I look down at him, wondering why the hell he would call me coach, but go with it, "No and you shouldn't either kid. You will do great."

I look around me and notice the rest of the team is behind me, so I turn to them, might as well give a pep talk.. I have been giving those quite a bit lately.

"Listen up, you all have improved this season. My goal for us as a team today is to show that, whether that be by taking home the medal or by our hard work and effort."

A few team members hoot.

"Alright, Cobblers on three. One. Two. Three."

We cheer together and I have no doubt in my mind about our teams ability to own this swim meet.