chapter 6

"Danny, wait up!" I yelled seeing him walking to the school. Even though he drove me it seems like he didn't want to. Like he was forced too. I don't know, I'm over thinking things again. What if he knows I'm going to break up with him?

"What do you-" he was cut off. I turned around.

"Jeena, good morning." Tj, perfect.

"Morning Tj."

"Who the hell is he?" Danny is now pissed, great.

"He is the new kid. I showed him around a little yesterday."

"Don't be so nice. It doesn't work for you." He walks away, fast.

"Who was that?" Tj gave me a (never talk to that guy ever again) look.

"My soon to be ex. So, you ready to go in?" I avoid eye contact.

"Yeah....how along have you guys been dating?" And there's the questions.

"Three weeks, but he's kinda a dick."

"Yeah, I can kinda tell. Why did you date him then?" There's more questions I don't want to answer.

"I didn't know at the time. He said he liked me so I was giving him a chance. I guess I didn't know what I was getting myself into." I look down as we walk into my locker.

"Well, see ya later." He gave me a smile and walked
away.

"I don't like you talking to him."

"Danny, its not your choice. I talk to other guys. Why is he different?"I'm going to do it. I'm going to break up with him right here. Shelby and hunter walk up.

"I don't know, but I don't trust him."

"Get over it, and why your at it forget us too." Shelby starts to smile while opening her locker.

"Are you breaking up with me?" He looks straight at me and for the first time ever I realize how beautiful his eyes were, but I shake it off.

"Yes, I do." I hesitated, why did I hesitate?

"Well, fuck you! Bitch, I wasted three too many weeks on you!" He screamed so loud in my face. He ran off again, but I'm not going after him this time.

"Hey, come here." Shelby gave me a hug I hugged her back. I wanted to cry but I kept it together just cuz we were at school.

"We are so going to that party tomorrow!" Shelby gave me her devil smile.

"I know."

******Friday night******

"Jeena, your ride is here." My older sister walked into my room. She's like never home anymore though, she only comes every once in a while.

"Kalya, are you sure you don't want me to stay? I can blow them off."

"No, go have fun. I'll be home all weekend. Maybe tomorrow we can go shopping or something." I gave a her a hug. I do miss her a lot. We used to be so close but since she left for college shes been different. Maybe she just grew up.

"Of course, love you, see you tomorrow. I'm staying with Shelby tonight" I walk down the hall and say goodbye to my mom.

"Hey Austin, thanks for taking me so last minute." His truck is so nice it reminded me of my....dads truck.... The one he.....crashed along with him. I freeze up at the thought of my dad. It hasn't been that long and yet at the same time it feels so long ago.

"Yeah, I'm glad I got the chance to take you." He gave me a smile,"Hey, are you ok?"

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. Sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" He started pulling out of my road onto Main Street.

"Nothing, sorry."

"Are you always apologizing?"

"No, I promise." God I'm a mess, please help me.

He turned the radio on so it wasn't quite."So what are you thinking about?"

"My dad, he...well...umm-"

"Oh yeah, you don't have to talk about it. I already know what happened. Now I'm sorry."

Its been a year almost. This spring, fun. I do miss him. "If only, I was there I could have-"

"No. You would have just been with him. Nothing could have changed. That darn deer was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. And your dad just hit it just right." He put his hand on my leg for half a second. It was weird cuz if Danny did that he would have cropped a feel or something like that, but Austin did it in a (friend I'm sorry your upset)way. He really is a good guy.